gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Add Reply
New Poll

Rumble in the Jungle, Tag: Spider Imposter
JONATHAN F. MURDOCK
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:31 PM

DAREDEVIL

ATTORNEY 33 He/Him 45 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

Daredevil was prowling on the rooftops again. Samuel had given him a target. A mob Capo who wouldn't confess to the murder and make the homicide detective's life easier. This was the deal they'd made. Jack would occasionally help his suspects come to their senses and confess for the crimes they didn't want to admit to. He wasn't a really a fan of the deal, but it was important to his mission here in Chicago and that was what really counted.

Sammy "The Grump" Grumpone was the target and the Devil had been searching for him for days. Now, he'd finally gotten enough information from "willing" informants, that he'd been able to piece together the man's whereabouts. The "willing" part meant that he'd had to tear a bit of a bloody swath across Chicago, but it wasn't like he was asking anyone who was remotely close to innocent. But he'd managed to wade through the blood and broken bones and now he was hanging out near a downtown street corner. Supposedly, the Grump would come through and make a pick up from the boys he had doing "collections".

Murdock closed his eyes and focused his hearing. He tuned out the surrounding sounds and listened only to the men running the protection racket in this neighborhood. They made their thinly veiled threats to a few, but mostly collected the money without issue. No one wanted to challenge the mob. They knew what happened to people who did. Jack might just take them all out for fun.

He listened closely as the three men walked up to the street corner he was looming above in the shadows. A newer Cadillac came up and stopped and a large man in a suit got out. He started asking questions of his men and inquiring about any trouble. Just as they'd started talking about the more resistant businesses, Jack made his move.

Daredevil leaped down from the ledge, grabbing the nearest lamp post and spinning down it like fire pole. He leaped off it and delivered a kick to the chest of one of the mooks, bounding across him as he went down and smashing the man behind him with a fist, sending that one stumbling too. The red and black clad Devil stood there and drew his billy club, one in each hand.

The Grump looked at him with wide eyes. "Who the fuck are you supposed to be?"

Daredevil didn't give him the pleasure. All he said was "Murderer." Then he spun and smashed his billy club into the wrist of the thug drawing on him. There was an audible sound of bone breaking and his club came up again, breaking the fingers holding the gun as well. The firearm clattered to the ground. As the Capo went for his car, Jack threw the other club and watched as it hit the man in the thigh, striking a nerve cluster and disabling his leg. The Capo collapsed just as the other two thugs struggled to their feet.

One of his clubs struck out and found its mark on the side of a thug's head. The same man he'd done a flying punch to before. The man stumbled woozy, and Jack brought both clubs into the man's wrists, disabling any chance he'd have of shooting him. Before kicking him in the face and dropping him completely. His second opponent came up behind him with a knife and Jack kicked backwards, breaking the man's knee. There was another loud crack and a scream. Jack spun, grabbing his arm and breaking it, before bringing his knee into the man's gut and dropping him.

He turned to the Capo and looked at him. The strike would be wearing off on his leg soon. "You're going to go to the police and confess for the murder of that girl."

"The fuck I am, you costumed freak."

Daredevil stomped down on the man's right knee and heard the noises of satisfaction. The man screamed and whimpered. Jack grinned cruelly through the mask. "Notice how I wasn't asking you?" Before the next objection came, Jack stomped on the man's wrist and another satisfying scream emerged. He hoped the man had enough sense to do as he was told because Samuel had been specific on the guy needing to live.

This would be an easy night if things kept going his way.
PM
^
PETER B. REILLY
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 02:05 PM

Scarlet Spider

P.I. / Vigilante 35 He/Him 5 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© BlueBralwer · He/him · Offline

Peter grunted as he sat on the corner of the ledge of a building overlooking downtown. "Ugh..." He grunted as he watched the boys. 'Stakeouts are always the best part about this job...'

Peter had been hired by some..."concerned citizens" that have been harassed by "Grump," Peter had heard the name before; it'd be hard not to. He had not had any reason to go anywhere near him before, he was just a P.I.

Someone had a check for him this time. So Peter decided to do some digging and after some well-placed dollars...or feet, he was able to get where the fucker was holed up.

He had followed them through the night, taking photos of the group from a distance as they made their rounds. Made his job easier to get the evidence he needed to get the group on something. It was a step in the right direction at least.

It was fairly routine...even if he was in his costume while doing it. If anyone saw him, it helped build the fact that masks were returning at the least. He held no illusion that this would be a good, but it was something.

He snapped a few more photos as he shifted back to watch, "Guess this is their busier nights." He thought aloud as he relaxed some on the ledge. He felt a tingle at the base of his neck, "That's not-." He glanced back to the group as he began to hear yells. Someone was there?

A fight had broken out and...another mask? Peter hadn't heard of any other masks operating in town, and the way this guy moved, he was definitely playing for keeps.

Some of the men went down and it was only Grump and this new player. And Peter didn't like the way the guy was holding himself. "Hope they don't mind a cut in." He said as he shot out a line. Swinging for the two and aiming for the new player.

"On your left!" Scarlet Spider yelled as he swung in from the right, leg outstretched to strike the person.
PMEmail
^
JONATHAN F. MURDOCK
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 04:03 AM

DAREDEVIL

ATTORNEY 33 He/Him 45 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

"See, the way I figure it, as long as you can still talk, that's all that matters. That leaves everything else up for grabs."

Daredevil stomped down onto some fingers and broke them under his heel. The man screamed again. That was the leverage point. That was where Grompone's tough guy act broke down. "Please. They'll kill me. You don't understand." The pleas came between sobs now. Inwardly, this pleased Jack. There wouldn't be much further to push. Daredevil narrowed his eyes behind the mask and loomed over him.

"What do you think I'm going to do to you, if you don't cooperate? I mean, if you're not going to do as I ask, then I really don't have a need to keep you alive. There's no point." He stepped back. "I can break your neck and leave your fat ass on their door step as a warning. I'm not afraid of them. They should be afraid of me. Because I'll bleed them all before I'm through. I wasn't going to get involved, but you've inspired me, Sammy."

One of The Grump's thugs stirred. Jack whipped his billy club out and let it fly, smashing the man in the head and dropping him again. The club flipped and landed back in Jack's hand. He slid both halves into the holster on his thigh. "We can make a deal. You talk and I'll kill them all before they can get to you. You don't and I kill you and go after them anyway. One of these deals ends up being better for you. Just need you to..."

Murdock trailed off. His senses were buzzing with new information. The sound of something going splat. A chemical smell. A murmur about cutting in. Then came the sound of something rushing towards him in the air. Daredevil could feel the change in air pressure as it approached. It was a person, swinging at him the same way he favored. Jack wasn't having it.

The man in the devil costume sidestepped to the left, then heard "on your left" and that was enough. Still in motion, he reached out with both hands and grabbed the newcomers ankles in one fluid motion, using the man's own momentum. Jack added his own considerable super strength to the Scarlet Spider's momentum and accelerated him, letting him go in the general direction of Grumpone's car door. With luck, his attacker would use the car for a backstop.

Daredevil stared the newcomer up and down, looking away from the whimpering mobster for a moment. "Spider-Man? I thought you were dead? Go figure."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw