gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Add Reply
New Poll

Jail House Rock, Tag: Nona, Scarlet Spider, Lil' Guthrie
DAVID C.C. SUMMERS
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:59 PM

PHOENIX

PRIVATE SECURITY 33 He/Him 192 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

David didn't know what he was doing here. Not on this Earth of course. That was something no one really had an answer to. He'd gotten tired of the endless debates on how to save the team with Antigone and the Combs and decided to go back to his and Winona's safe house. Summers had a plan to rescue his teammates, but Stark and her brood wouldn't hear of it. They wanted to play it safe while more of their friends were tortured. People that David had felt he'd failed in his short tenure as leader of the X-men. He was slamming things around when he knocked over the holographic crystal that he kept on the table. The crystal was a gift from his time traveling elder brother, Nathan. The crystal projected family holograms of his parents and the two of them as well as pictures of Nathan and his adopted daughter, Hope and a few of David and his parents with her as well.

Summers moved to pick up the crystal, when it made a noise he hadn't heard before. He looked it over, making sure it hadn't been damaged when a small compartment on the bottom of it clicked. A small cube issued forth from a tiny compartment. David didn't know what to make of it. This was technology from a century that was yet to come. He hadn't even mentioned it to Antigone for fear that she would try to reverse engineer it. He set the crystal on the kitchen counter, and it began projecting again. David sighed in relief. He had been convinced that the cube might have been the power cell.

A light issued forth from the cube and scanned David as well as the surrounding apartment. Then a mechanical humming sound as the cube lit up on all sides and spoke. "Subject detected: David Summers, Code name: Berserker. DNA verified. Initiating recording playback."

The cube projected a half holographic projection of David's brother before him. Nathan Summers, also known as Cable, looked around and cleared his throat. "David, if you're getting this message, then it's probably about the right time. I left this for you because I knew you'd need it. This AI construct is called Graymalkin. It will give you a hand with putting the X-men back together. It has orders to bring you to one of the Bunkers I have set up in Chicago, since you'll need a headquarters and Stark is less likely to back you on this. I know how she gets once her mind is made up."

The projection changed to a map of the downtown area with a glowing dot on it. "The bunker is at this location. It's underground and built to last 4,000 years. That said, try not to do anything that makes it look like my place after that one party you threw." A noise came from the background of the projection followed by a female voice.

"Dad, they're breaking through the door. I think we'll need help."

"Then get Sam to try and talk him down. It's his offspring." He looked back into the camera. "We're stuck in the 25th century right now. Hooked up with Sam Guthrie. We're dealing with a problem that I'm desperately trying to make sure you don't have. I'm sorry that I can't help out any other way right now, little brother. Hope and I are rooting for you."

The hologram went dark and the cube continued to flash a light. David pressed it and the map reappeared. He pulled out his phone and called Winona. "I think I need you to meet me at an address. I'll text it to you. I'll explain once you get there." He hung up the phone and grabbed his jacket and helmet, before heading to his motorcycle to find the gift that they'd been left. David smirked as he drove off. He was back in business. "Yee haw."

PM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 11:42 PM

VERVE

LIBRARIAN TWENTY EIGHT She/Her 536 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© NERYS · She/Her · Offline

Getting her own place had been in the cards long before the 52 underwent a SWAT raid. It was in the works even before she and Summers had changed the nature of their relationship. The only reason it had been put on such a long delay was because of the alleged death of Antigone Stark. It wasn't meant to be a crash course in cohabitation with a boyfriend. How many times had she stooped to pick up discarded socks from his side of the bed? Why was the toilet seat thing even up for debate? And what kind of a monster left a wet used coffee filter in the machine so that the next party to make a pot had to first clean up the mess?

Winona had spent the whole morning muttering these things to herself as she strafed the apartment looking for messes to attack. Eventually she'd been forced to take a break from the process and head down to the Laundromat with the bulky items that just couldn't get washed in the machines in their unit. It was a good idea for her to get the hell out of there before David got back from his visit with Stark and The Combs. Likely, he'd be in a mood and she wanted to avoid an argument. These meetings with Hive and Ultron weren't going so great. There was a lot of blame being shifted around and a lot of conflicting idea about what direction to take the fractured team.

Watching the transparent circle of water and soap was enough monotony to bring Maximoff's perspective back to a grounded state. Some people would kill for problems as pedestrian as a messy apartment or a domestic partner who brought home a dog without consulting about it first.

Winona had not, as of yet, bonded with the animal.
Additionally, its name was still up for debate.

David had pitched a number of names, including Jeremiah - and he didn't back down on that one until Winona pointed out that he'd have to pick up Jeremiah's shit every day and then they were back to the ping pong of pitch and reject. David didn't much care for her suggested name of 'get the hell away from me' much either. So it was still in flux. Mostly she called the dog, 'dog' and David rotated through a series of endearment terminologies. Winona had left 'dog' at the apartment while she did the chore of washing the comforter that now smelled like 'dog'.

The air was permeated with the aroma of dryer sheets and liquid Tide. It bought her back to her days in college, when she had to sit in the communal laundry facility and wait for her things to cycle, lest some asshole throw her clothes onto the floor in a wet heap. And on the heels of that nostalgia came the remembrance of a snowy weekend with Cannonball's son when they had to wash and dry their clothes after a snowball fight gone too far... in a good way. How they'd managed not to-

The vibration of her phone stirred her from thought. "-Meet you? -why? Hello?" Breath puffed out at the dead line as she brought it away from her ear and waited for the message icon to give her the address. Summers sounded like she remembered; when he first took over the team. He was focused, laconic, nothing was sugar coated. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe Tigs and Hive had come to some kind of an agreement!? Oh wouldn't that be something else? Getting up from her chair, Nona walked to the industrial sized dryer to pull out the not-quite-dry blanket, slumping it over her shoulder. The address was past the house, hopefully stopping home to dump it onto the bed was alright.
PMWebsiteAIM
^
DAVID C.C. SUMMERS
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 12:36 AM

PHOENIX

PRIVATE SECURITY 33 He/Him 192 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

The motorcycle weaved in and out of traffic. David wanted to follow the speed limit and not draw any undue attention to himself, but his excitement was doing the driving now. He made a mental note to pick up more food for "Dog" while he was out. One of these days, Winona would have to agree on a name with him. As much as she liked to pretend that she didn't like the little guy, he knew she was warming up to him.

Summers pulled up to a half completed construction site and looked around. He'd passed this place plenty of times, but never given much thought to it. The place was half done and never really seemed like anyone was working on it, yet things still got done occasionally. He got off the bike and fired off a text to Winona. His fingers hovered over Stark's contact, wondering if he should send her one too. After a moment, he shrugged and said "Fuck it. I'll tell her later." Then he pocketed the phone again.

The X-men leader pulled out the small cube and it pulsed as he moved it around in a three sixty trying to locate the entrance. The cube turned a bright red and he followed it until the light winked out. David stood in the middle of a concrete pad under a bunch of scaffolding and metal girders, looking around. A lighted circle appeared on the pad around his feet. Then a voice came from the cube.

"Signal verified. David Summers, Code Name: Berserker. Cleared for Access. Body slide by one."

The circle of energy floated around him and created a tube of light and then David was gone. A few seconds later, he reappeared in a hallway mostly comprised of metal. The lights began to flicker to life ni the hall as David moved down it. Then small pedistals came active and holograms of the original X-men came to life, flickering through various costumes of the decades. His eyes stopped at the last three as he moved down the hall way. His father and Logan and directly across from them, ending that line of the team, was his mother.

David smiled absently at seeing the various holograms of the team. It brought back nostalgia of his childhood. The door opened at the end of the corridor and David stepped into a command center. He looked around at all the high tech devices and whistled. "This almost makes up for the forgotten birthdays, Nate."

Summers explored for a few more minutes before returning to the surface. He went to his bike and waited for Nona to show up. This was too good to pass up. He'd been toying with an idea all day and this was the kick he needed to make it work. He pulled a bottle of water and an apple out of his bike's saddle bag and hunkered down for the few minutes.

"I have things to show you."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw