gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Closed
New Poll

Coulson, Connor N.
Connor N. Coulson
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 11:52 PM

Reaper

Division Agent 33 He/Him 2 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Matrix · He/Him · Offline

DATABASE FILE # (0325456) HUMAN, DIVISION
CONNOR NICHOLAS COULSON
33 | DIVISION | LEWIS TAN
DIVISION AGENT | NONE | REAPER
" The fires will burn white hot and I’ll build something new from these cursed ashes. "
  • WHO WIELDS THE SHIELD:

As an Ex-SHIELD agent Connor has had all the necessary training that a SHIELD agent would need to operate in the field. His training in this includes firearms/explosives, espionage/infiltration, intelligence gathering, and close quarters combat. He was considered an Expert level marksman during his SHIELD days and though he does not need to assassinate anyone, he has kept up his skills as a Division agent. His skills in Intel gathering and espionage/infiltration are rated at the Expert level.

As far as his physical skills go, he has maintained his level of training and is considered to be as strong as any human who participates in regular exercise. He is considered an Expert level close quarters operative, trained to take down multiple opponents as quickly and efficiently as possible. He has trained his skills for years to rival, if not surpass his mother’s own level.

In addition to the standard skills, Connor has training in assassination and guerilla warfare/unconventional warfare tactics and an advanced knowledge of survival skills. These along with tenacity and a strong will to live aided him during his time behind enemy lines.

HAND-EYE COORDINATION:

Connor’s left arm and eye were destroyed sometime during the early part of the war. The exact mission files are classified, but when he regained consciousness, he discovered that he given cybernetic replacements courtesy of the Director for his service.

The arm is an upgraded version of the model Nick Fury gave to James “Bucky” Barnes to replace his damaged Soviet model. It works in tandem with his optical implant, which gathers real time targeting information and uploads it directly into the arm, allowing for ever changing trajectories. This allows Connor an edge when using firearms and projectile weapons, as he can react slightly faster than his human reflexes would normally allow with that arm. The arm also has the added security of being able to release an electrical discharge strong enough to drop a full grown adult should anyone attempt to tamper with it without Coulson’s say so.

IT MAKES A GOOD TARGET:

Connor wears a device on his wrist that Phil Coulson restored and replicated as part of his hobby. Ever the collector of Captain America memorabilia, this device functions much like the energy shield that Tony Stark made for Steve Rogers. The Omnitool produces a red and clear energy shield the same diameter as Cap’s original shield, that can be fired, instead of thrown, like its real predecessor. The shield also has the ability to be reshaped into a bow staff for close quarters combat or the wrist device can release a stun charge, capable of dropping a full grown man.

• IT’S NOT THE YEARS, IT’S THE MILEAGE:

Coulson’s body has been put through levels of punishment that no one should take. Years of volunteering for the high risk missions that no one else wanted, in order to prove himself have resulted in his body being a patchwork of scars, bruises, and broken bones. Though he still engages actively in field work, he has noticed that the wear and tear is beginning to take a toll.

ANYTHING YOU CAN DO, I CAN DO BETTER:

Growing up the son of two highly regarded SHIELD agents meant that Connor tried very hard to prove himself. He was always competing against his parents’ shadows. He would always take the riskier missions, perform insane tasks, and try to break just one more record at the academy. These inferiority complexes have been exploited by everyone from rival cadets, to his enemies before and lead him into trouble of all kinds throughout his life. This trouble has ranged anywhere from detention to near death experiences. As the years have gone on, there are less and less people to help him get out of situations that his bruised ego gets him into.

DELETE AND DEFEND:

The complexes have led to another exploitable issue: Connor’s temper. He has been working to control it his entire life, but Coulson has a lot of anger pent up from experiences ranging from his schooling up to and including his family life, and his days in the war. More often than not, these two weaknesses go hand in hand and lines blur getting Connor into a world of trouble.

PATRON SAINT OF LOST CAUSES:

As cynical as Coulson can be at times, he has been known to take up a lost cause or six. His own mission to change Division from the inside is probably the largest undertaking. His disagreements with the company’s methods over time have caused friction between himself and other agents. Though rare, he has been known to “lose” a suspect or two. He will deny it to his colleagues but, depending on the circumstances, he will turn a blind eye or let an unregistered mutant go. He knows that this puts his own life and freedom at risk, but it still doesn’t deter him.

DON’T NEED HORNS TO BE DAREDEVIL:

After all those suicide missions survived, Conner is a risk junky. He doesn’t mind putting himself in harm’s way and has actually come to enjoy it. If a situation arises, he tends to end up in the thick of it, instead of riding on the sidelines. He’s taken a bullet more than once for this kind of behavior.

• My name is Connor Coulson. And I’ve made some mistakes in my life. Okay, I’ve made a lot of mistakes. That way when someone finally watches this, they understand that I knew how flawed I was. That’s why I don’t plan to release this recording until after my death. Because I imagine the collective force of the “I-told-you-so’s” would be enough to kill me otherwise. Let me start at the beginning. My name is Connor Coulson. I’m an Agent of SHIELD. No, I suppose I was an Agent of SHIELD, before they went defunct.

I’m the son of Phil Coulson and Melinda May. Yes. Those SHIELD Agents were my parents. Yes, I’m aware that for secret agents, they were rather well known in the law enforcement community. Anyway, after spending a lot of time together saving the world and running missions together, my parents got together. They were apparently an on again off again thing for a while, but I was never supposed to know that.

They never married, but that wasn’t for Phil’s lack of trying. My mother turned him down on 8 different occasions. I give him credit. I’ve never been crazy enough to ask someone once. So, I was raised as a SHIELD brat. I never really knew what my parents did until I was older. As far as I knew my mother was working in human resources and my father was some kind of director. As I progressed into my high school years, I was told they were SHIELD agents. That was really all I got. You don’t really tell a 17 year old kid without clearance much more.

I graduated from High school and decided to go into the family business. I mean who didn’t want to be James Bond. I applied to the academy and was approved. Honestly, I think that might have been the first of many mistakes. See, not knowing much about my parents meant that I had no idea what a big deal they were. I found out about their records at the Academy once I enrolled. That just sort of set me up for a chip on my shoulder. Everyone expected me to be just as good as Phil Coulson or Melinda “the Cavalry” May. Well, with expectations like that, doesn’t give a guy much room to grow into his own.

I decided then and there that if I was going to be judged against my parents records, then I sure as hell wasn’t going to be “as good as” them. I was going to be better. I hunkered down and I trained and studied as much as I could. I shattered whatever records I could find that they held. I didn’t want there to be any question that I was my own person. The problem was that it became pretty apparent to other students what my goal was. My rivals started using that against me. Trying to use my insecurity to goad me into fights and other problems so I would get expelled and no longer be an issue.

Needless to say, I survived to graduation. However, a World War broke out in the process. I’d like to say there was a joke there, but that was just horrible. The entire world went to Hell in a hand basket and most of us were just along for the ride. I ran quite a few missions for SHIELD. Did some things that I'm not entirely proud of, but I did more good than harm, I think.

I left an arm and an eye behind in that war. Probably what I get for fighting way outside my power level. Fury said it was a family trait, apparently. I spent months in a coma and got a shiny new eye and an arm for my troubles courtesy of the SHIELD brass. The months of rehab coming back from that do not make for a good time, in case you were thinking about trying it out.

After SHIELD disbanded, I joined Division. It was a pretty easy transition as they were accepting free agents from SHIELD anyway. It made for some more strain on an already strained relationship with my father. We lost mom in the war and that just made things bad. The constant arguing and anger from both of us just made us drift apart. Dad went and lived in a hole in the ground, while I tried to put my life back together. Dad and I didn’t talk much after I took my job at the agency. I occasionally visited in the bunker, but that didn’t last long as it usually devolved into screaming matches. I started staying away longer and longer. Until one day, I came back and found that he was gone. Cancer. He never said a word to me about it and then he was just gone. I went home and drank myself silly before redoubling my plans to change Division.

I'll be honest, I think that mutants should be registered. I think they should have the chance to be trained to control their powers and given options. At least if they know how to use them, they won't be an uncontrolled threat. I feel better arresting some scumbag who knows what he’s doing and that he used his powers for evil than I do arresting some poor kid who doesn’t know how to use his gift. That's why I joined Division. I don't agree with their methods. Or their treatment of mutants. But I have plans to change that. This thing can be a force for good if I can just change it from the inside. I just have to get the plan in motion and maybe I can stop this before Renfroe and Veers start something that can’t be stopped.

Anyway, I’m about to go do something stupid. Computer, encrypt this log and upload it to secure storage. File it as primary entry for the Peekaboo protocol. End record.

MATRIX | UNDYING | PM
PM
^
CYCLOPS
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 01:33 AM

APPLICANT REVIEWER

APP REVIEW n/a N/A 142 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© STAFF · THEY/THEM · Offline

ACCEPTED!

I come from the Net. I search through systems, peoples, and cities, for this sprite!—Bob, my friend. My format: I have no format. I am a renegade, lost in the Web.

Err... I mean, good job on the renegade cyborg badass offspring of Melinda May and also Coulson. Not sure how they'd feel about his joining Division, but we'll see how it all works out in the end.

QUICK TIPS

Remember to hit up our DATABASE and fill out ALL the claims forms. Don't forget the family relations for those related to marvel canons. After all if you don't claim it, you could lose it! Also, please remember to completely fill out your member profile.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw