gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Add Reply
New Poll

live and let die, 21 | agent | fernanda ly
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 08:58 PM

LAZARUS

"AGENT" 21 SHE/HER 141 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© VERA · SHE/HER · Offline

MADELINE "MIMI" SIMONSEN
21 | LAZARUS | NECROMANCER AND "AGENT"
Did you know Division's retirement plan really tanks? If you fall in the line of duty and you have useful skills you might not get to rest in peace after all. Smile, you're here forever.

The daughter of a doctor and a college professor, Mimi was always expected to have her whole life mapped out. She had a little problem with hearing voices, but she did her best to ignore it. Unfortunately, by the age of fourteen her voices had full bodies, and she made the mistake of holding a conversation with one in front of her entire class. Pressure from her parents encouraged her to seek 'help' with her condition - which meant being turned over to Division to see if they couldn't cure her of those visions.

Naturally, they were far more interested in seeing what her power could do. Cut to a few years later, and she's turned from ordinary lab rat to regular field agent thanks to her handy ability to let ghosts catch a lift in her body. Grey eyes mean somebody else is home, and she had better hope that they feel like leaving eventually. Even when she is the one steering, she's sometimes got a few choice comments for people no one else can see.

Have we covered raising the dead? She does that too. Nothing strikes terror in your enemies quite so well as mindless shambling bodies, don't you think? Psychwar 101: being attacked by dead bodies is unnerving.

So come and plot with her! She's probably not going to pass on messages from your dearly departed relatives, but who knows what sort of secrets the deceased might have passed along.

PM
^
SAMUEL Z. STONE
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:17 PM

Duchess

MCE Agent 32 https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2rj6sJscw1qgz7vxo1.mp3 142 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Temur · 1599&view=findpost&p=5640 · Offline

Duchess & Mimi

Yay first one to post a plot idea. Ok well first off I'm sure she had to have some kind of training military or hand to hand combat, etc. At least be prepared encase her powers failed to work for some reason. Samuel having to try to slowly train her from nothing. Second Idea I have is their both on the same mission maybe things go south and its just them left of the team in some kind of dangerous situation. They have to fight for their lives to make their way out of the chaos.

PMAIM
^
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:23 PM

LAZARUS

APPLICATION SHIPPER

MIMI & SAMUEL

I was doing the rounds and you beat me to the exchange xD

I like the idea of some history of training once they decided to put her to use - cue him being stuck training a very unhappy 16-17 year old Mimi that doesn't much like him and is trying to hide it for survival's sake. (He's big on registration as a matter of public safety, attempting to register and seek out authority figures really didn't go well for her, so some differences of opinion there.) I put a general reference to training in her history as a matter of making sure she could physically keep up with the ghosts' knowledge, if nothing else. By now she's been working out and training in combat for a couple of years at least, but she's not a true expert on her own.

I like the second idea as a potential thread too - perhaps trapped in the slums with him and annoyed recently deceased field agent steering, feeling more than a little unhappy about being on the other side of the divide between life and death.
PM
^
SAMUEL Z. STONE
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:37 PM

Duchess

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Samuel & Mimi

Well I like both ideas a lot. In the first one she can become like his own little pet project. To kind of mold her into a decent fighter without the use of her powers. Because more then likely there will come those times when her pawns are doing something else or temporarily out of action and she has no other resources left. But that being said I could also see him being slightly annoyed he has to baby sit a kid and train her to a ridiculous level.

The second one could be fun as well on an action note. Maybe their trapped in the slums, no back up. Maybe Samuel could even be hurt after saving her life and now it's up to Mimi to get them out of this life or death situation?

PMAIM
^
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:47 PM

LAZARUS

APPLICATION SHIPPER

MIMI & SAMUEL

They're different plot types, but equally feasible for me. We could pick your favorite and go with that for starters? No reason we couldn't run through both ideas eventually, unless Fort Sheridan winds up having a 'mysterious electrical fire' at some point. There have been a few of those going around.
PM
^
SAMUEL Z. STONE
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:55 PM

Duchess

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Samuel & Mimi

Lets go with the second one and then if we feel we can start a thread going into what she had to dell with when she first started at Division. I'm not sure how she would feel towards him now. Maybe a slow trust grows, or even a brother & sister respect thing.

PMAIM
^
MARCUS J. HUNT
 Posted: May 27 2015, 11:47 PM

Agent Hunt

35 155 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Crypt · · Offline

Heya!

So, I've been gathering the Mutants of Division to make a "monster squad" with Marcus. Felix was to get Mimi involved, but with Fallow not on as much, I'd love to have Mimi / Marcus thread together!

I've been playing up that Division is giving / ordering Marcus to deal with the mutants..FElix got assigned to him. He has to test out Theo... interested in potentially joining ranks?

PMEmail
^
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: May 29 2015, 04:10 AM

LAZARUS

APPLICATION SHIPPER

MIMI & MARCUS
    Here's the thread!

I went ahead and alluded to Felix having approached her between All Call and this thread, so as to skip the preliminaries. Here, she's at least assuming she's on the team whether she wants to be or not, and preparing to meet with Marcus for it.
PM
^
HANNAH L. TOWNSEND
 Posted: Jul 25 2015, 06:41 AM

AGENT

PUBLIC AFFAIRS 43 She/Her 115 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Jan · She/Her · Offline

HANNAH & MIMI
So the more I think about this, the more i'm fairly certain that Hannah would find herself wanting to go mama bear with Mimi. Maybe not at first, not really knowing her. But the more she sees of her around with Marcus and his squad, and the way that Agent Cope is around her, she'd want to protect the girl. It's not even a condescending sort of mothering, Mimi is young enough to be one of Hannah's daughters, and I think Mimi reminds her a bit of her youngest daughter. I obviously don't expect Mimi to return the feels, but just wanted to let you know Hannah has her back.
PMEmail
^
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: Jul 26 2015, 06:55 PM

LAZARUS

APPLICATION SHIPPER

HANNAH AGENT TOWNSEND & MIMI
    Not gonna lie, I'm entertained by the fact that several agents looked at Division's actual necromancer and were just like 'yes, we should protect this girl.' She's probably still going to be referring to everyone as agent, though, just fair warning. She's not afraid of Hannah personally, but that habit's been ingrained in her pretty well. There might be someone ready to yell at her otherwise and she's a little nervous. Just as a baseline point of personality.
PM
^
Ambrozije S. B. Novak
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 03:54 PM

Buddha

A Murderer 24 He/Him 17 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© aegis · He/Him · Offline

AMBROZIJE & MIMI

Ambrozije might find himself more than a bit intrigued at the idea of communing with one of his fresh kills; the details of the person's life left him a bit more shaken than he'd have liked to admit, and he needs a couple answers on why they were ordered dead. Maybe Mimi could be coerced into doing a nice, closeted sadist a favor...?

He'd be curious as to why he's benefitting from being a ghost in the system and has (nearly) free reign but she's effectively a prisoner of Division.

PMEmail
^
MIMI T. SIMONSEN
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 06:33 PM

LAZARUS

APPLICATION SHIPPER

LAZARUS & NOVAK

It's a lot to do with "encouraged" being a sarcastic euphemism for "parents sent her to Division as a teenager to become Normal again." That obviously didn't happen, and she's not allowed to leave even though she's legally an adult because she knows quite a few things about Division that they don't want the public to hear about. Ghosts make very good spies, and agents bitter about the ways they died in service to the agency are loose-lipped. And she's still alive in custody because her powers are a research interest that could not be easily replaced.

(A lot of powers could not be easily replaced, mind, but there's no possibility of replacing her function right now. Though An Abundance of Necromancers would be an interesting book title.)

She could try to put him in contact with one of his victims if he asked - she wouldn't be happy about it, but she wouldn't trust him to leave her alive if she declined. Mimi is well aware that she's alive because people are interested in the research application of her powers, and that he is likely less invested in that.
PM
^
Ambrozije S. B. Novak
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 07:18 PM

Buddha

A Murderer 24 He/Him 17 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© aegis · He/Him · Offline

NOVAK & LAZARUS

They'll be keeping it strictly professional, I see.

I'd hope that she'd find Novak a little more trustworthy than that, though.

What would it take for Lazarus to want to try and make that connection? Is it a request made of her often, or would he be the first outside of the research labs to take advantage? I doubt he'd have much to offer her in terms of a fair trade, but he does have the sense to at least consider some form of compensation. The lines he draws in his head are complex and run into one another in unplanned ways; knowing that his reputation precedes him in Division's halls might have him feeling some type of way.

He'd definitely feel some type of way about her irreplaceability, though. He's definitely begun to question with his outbursts just how expendable he really is to the cause he once made it a point not to know very much about.

Not knowing what hand he's had in the dismantling of a humane humanity has suited him thus far, but his coming to Mimi would show that his willful ignorance may not be so blissful after all. Maybe he catches her inhabited by someone else when he comes to make his request, and she piques his interest all the more in catching up on the stories that he's let fall through the cracks.

He'd see her as an underdog. Rightfully so, though?

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D Age of Heroes

Blood Roses: OUaT RPG X-Men ideal world

skinned by noä of cttw