gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Innocence of Youth, Tag: Winona
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 05:06 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

Sergeant Jeremiah Guthrie was on leave. They'd sent him home from playing soldier for a few weeks to get a breather. With the war over, the telekinetic mutant was wondering if they were going to muster him out, but lately there'd been some talk about another project and a transfer. He'd spent the first week with his parents and then he managed to travel up to Chicago to visit Joe and Mackenzie. A few days into the stay, Joe had asked him to look into a family member for him. It had turned out that he had a cousin who didn't know she was a cousin. Joe preferred to keep it that way, but asked Jer to scope her out and see how she was doing.

Normally, he would have objected, but the point was made that Jeremiah passed for more human than his friend, the human glow stick, could. Also, he'd seen the picture and while he'd never met her, it was noted that she was rather attractive. That probably just sweetened the deal a bit. She had a couple of standard haunts, so the cover was easy. He'd go over and pretend to be new to the city. It wasn't that hard, honestly. He actually was rather new, having only visited a few times. He could get some brochures and guides and pretend to be a real tourist. He was on leave anyway, so he might as well enjoy his surroundings. He even tried to blend in with a button down shirt and a pair of jeans, though the crew cut and shaven face would probably give something of him away.

The plan was a rather simplistic one. He'd go to the coffee shop first. That was usually the best place to find someone his age anyway.. And what self respecting twenty-something didn't run on coffee. Besides, it gave him a chance to drink coffee that wasn't made on a Naval base. He could swear that the grounds in those coffee pots were there from the last world war, but he knew enough not to argue with the Chiefs about good coffee.

Instead, he ordered a black coffee and then did his best to stand next to a table out side and look around like he was lost. There was just enough wind outside for the old trick to work. Seeing as how he'd never been to this part of town before today, that was not very hard to do. He unfurled his pamphlet and looked at the map of Chicago, seeing his target approaching. As he looked at the map, he fumbled with it, letting the wind take it from his hands. He reached out telepathically and gave it a couple little nudges towards Winona. It made him smile inwardly that he hadn't lost this skill. He used it in high school with homework sheets occasionally to strike up conversations.

Guthrie moved after the map, absently talking to himself as he 'chased' it. "Oh, come on. This is all I need is my map abandoning me..." He gave Winona a pleading look, as if asking her for help or not to laugh at him.

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Nov 4 2016, 03:09 AM

VERVE

LIBRARIAN TWENTY EIGHT She/Her 534 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© NERYS · She/Her · Offline

East Lansing
Michigan State University
Fall of 2029

"Don't you give me that crap Heather, even you have to admit that asking me to stay on campus and work through Thanksgiving is ridiculous." Winona was walking through the quad with a group of girls and was evidently very upset about the way she'd been singled out to do extra work for her microbiology professor. He'd been dangling an assistant position under her nose for most of the prior year and now that she was midway though the fall semester, he was back to leading her around on a string again. Last year had been hell. She'd missed out on too many holidays and weekends that she could have spent at home with her parents and by God she was not going to miss out on a whole other year just because of some pompous asshole who thought he could keep pushing her to do his grunt work. Enough was enough.

Little did she know, there was going to be an entirely different reason not to get into her fiat and drive back toward home that afternoon. And that reason had been watching her for a solid ten minutes from the campus' (dorm side) coffee shop. "I don't care what you say they guy has it out for me. Oh, hey - I'll catch up with you guys in a bit I wanna get a coffee." She took pause to step to the side and let a pack of track team runners take the sidewalk. Boots shuffled through the dead leaves that were dancing across the ground in a light susurrus. The sound made her nostalgic for home. She missed her dog and the way it would bark and growl at that particular sound as if it were the most threatening thing in the world. She idly wondered just how many times she'd have to tell Porthos to calm down and stop jumping when he realized she was back for the weekend.

The shouting was what stirred her from the daydream. Looking up she caught the frantic annoyance of a young man gesturing at a runaway piece of paper. Dropping her bag, Winona joined the chase, only tripping a little at the ground's uneven grade. Boot stomped onto the paper before it could do its little dance again and she bent at the middle to pick it up. Breathless and pink in the cheeks from the cold and the impromptu exercise, Winona was looking for the lad who'd lost the paper so that she could return it. Fingers pushed at her unruly long hair to get it out of her face. Fall might have been her favorite season, but on windy days like this one, her hair was always in her face. Still it was better than having it short. Short hair as thick and as wavy as hers was work.

"Sorry!" she was calling out and smiling brightly as she held the paper out and walked the distance between the blonde guy and herself. "I think I might have gotten some mud on it when I stepped on it."

PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 01:25 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

As she apologized and handed his map over, Jeremiah just sort of froze, with his hand on the map not withdrawing it. The picture Joe had shown him really didn't do her justice. Suddenly, he was very glad that he'd offered to run this little errand for his best friend. Even if it only lasted an afternoon or so. Then Jeremiah snapped out of his momentary stupor. His cheeks were slightly redder from windburn, though the running didn't wind him much. He could usually run much longer distances than that in his sleep. It must have been his nerves making him breathe a little harder than usual. It made sense. He hadn't had much civilian contact in the last few years. That had to be it.

"Uh... Thanks. I appreciate the help. It got away from me and I thought I was going to have to run across the entire campus for sure." Then as an afterthought, as he looked the paper over. There was a little boot print smudged on it. He smiled and wiped it off. "A little mud never hurt anyone."

'Good God, Guthrie. Can you be anymore awkward? I know it's been sometime since you've encountered a woman who wasn't trying to kill you, but please don't make an idiot of yourself.' He offered a smile to Winona. "Right. Where are my manners? Apparently, I'm all over the place today. My name's Jeremiah. I'm taking a tour of the campus, apparently at a running pace."

The young Sergeant folded up the map and stuck it in his back pocket. "I'd don't suppose you'd let me buy you a cup of coffee for the help? Maybe give me a chance to ask you about the school and what it's like here? I'd prefer to know what I'm getting myself into before I apply." He paused. "Unless of course you actually have somewhere to go, in which case, that's perfectly okay too."

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 03:19 PM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

"Nice to meet you Jeremiah. I'm Winona." Hands were brushed off against the thighs of her skinny jeans before she bent back up to a straightened stance and glanced back toward her abandoned satchel of books. The wind was scurrying anything loose across the ground so she wanted to be sure in her haste that her bag hadn't popped open or anything. From the cursory glance it looked fine so her attention returned to the boy with the dimples and the unnaturally beautiful eyes.

Jeremiah was cute alright. And from her initial guess he was on a sports scholarship. He had the build to play football, and the moves to dodge and weave, but that really could have meant anything. For all she knew he was track and field or baseball. Winona put a pin in it to ask why he was interested in Michigan State University if he didn't start with the regulation of 'what's your major' rhetoric. "What have you seen so far? Maybe I can help you find some of the hidden gems around here if you're interested."

Leaning forward to catch a glimpse of the map and the places he had marked in pen along the legend, there was quite a lot of things he hadn't dog eared for perusal. For starters, he didn't circle, with vigorous swipes of his pen, the gigantic law library with its plethora of old tomes and gilded ceiling. Although she, herself wasn't a law major, it was breathtaking and the smell of the books in there was like nothing else in comparison.

"A coffee would be perfect. You must be a mind reader." Brow knit as she quirked a brow and gave him a mocking hard stare. "What number am I thinking of?" Before the moment crept into discomfort, Winona broke character to slap him on the arm and jog back to get her bag. Having it off her shoulder had been a nice relief, the thing weighed a ton. "Hey after we get that coffee, do you mind if I drop this off in my dorm? I really don't wanna huff this all over God's green if I can help it."
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Nov 18 2016, 05:07 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

"Winona." He said, trying the name out. He liked it. It was nice name. "Pretty name." He was doing well so far, he thought. She was very pretty and Jeremiah was noticing that was making him very uneasy. He hoped that it didn't show. He'd fought battles with mutants and enemy combatants who wanted him dead. A beautiful woman wouldn't be that bad. Right?

Well, she'd offered to show him around. That was a good sign. Progress in his book. "I haven't seen too much. Only just got here about an hour or so ago. I've seen the bookstore and the admissions building so far. I haven't really made the grand tour yet. Mostly I just thought I'd wander out here and check out the grounds. See the stadium and the Union." He smiled at her again. "But you probably know the place way better than I do. So I'll take any suggestions that you have. I could use a good tour guide."

As she leaned in to look at his map, which he did not object to in the least, Jeremiah held the map closer to her so she could see. He grinned as she went over it. "Seriously, I want to see all the things. So, if you have something you'd find cool, suggest it. I'm sure that I missed a bunch of stuff."

He saw her make a face and then ask him which number she was thinking of. Jeremiah went to the obvious answer for people like him. "Forty-Two. But that's besides the point." As she broke the look and slapped him on the arm, Jeremiah watched her go gather her bag up just a little more intently than he cared to show. 'Play it cool.' He thought to himself. He nodded to the suggestion.

"Yeah, that would be fine. I know that thing looks like it weighs a metric ton. I mean, I could always carry it for you, if you wanted." He shrugged. "Or not. Things sound better in my head than when I actually say them sometimes." He cleared his throat and pointed to the coffee shop. "Coffee?"

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 11:43 PM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

"Imperial. I'm not a sadist." Winona joked as she handed the overstuffed bag over for the guy to carry. "Coffee yes; But lets get that to my room first. Its stupid heavy and you're going to thank me when you can put it down." She was quick to smile brightly and gesture in the direction of the dormitories before taking the lead to walk with him across the expanse of dead greenery and up into the main hall of the building. It wasn't too far of a climb to get to her hall. Nona's rooms were only one flight up and her apartment in particular was at the beginning of the lengthy hallway. Posted on the front of her door was a corkboard with a flyer for a keg party at a rival fraternity that evening and she gave it barely a second glance as it had been there for a few days and was already in her to do list. She and her sisters had to play nice with the boys in that house as they were paired up to fundraiser for the Valentine's raffle after the Christmas Break.

Shouldering into the room, it was barren of life, but certainly not stuff. On the left side of the cramped space was her dorm mate's huge collection of pink and purple everything. Unicorn pillows, decoupaged desk, the extreme caricature of girl explosion. To the right was Winona's side and it too told a story. Hers was less the overcompensation toward girl power and more decorative toward the girl who preferred books and comics and all things pop culture. She had everything from a miniature trio of dinosaurs atop the computer monitor in homage to Wash to a poster to the right of the bed displaying a spaceship and the phrase I want to believe. "You can set that down anywhere. Just watch the model. I'm trying to recreate the town square in Back to the Future and the two part epoxy needs at least a few more hours to set before I can trust moving it."

Winny didn't have too many boundaries. Living this tight with another person who was not into the same things didn't cause he much distress, and for the extended weekend, her neighbor was going home to the folks. So if she were staying, the place was hers for a few days, but she still respected the invisible barrier. Plopping down onto the bed, Winona bent at the middle to change out her shoes. Fashion was going to have to amp down and take a backseat for function and warmth. Tossing the impractical footwear toward the pile of too many shoes, Nona bent to pull some grey leg warmers over her jeans and drag some lower heel boots back onto her stocking insulated feet. Pushing off the mattress her eyes went wide at the knock on her open door and the presence of someone she did not want to deal with today.

"Oh hey! I didn't realize you had company. I was just stopping over to see if you wanted to go the Pikes party together."
For a second Winona was just dumbfounded at the invitation. She had thought her other two declinations were enough to get the message through that she was not interested. Third time was the charm? "Oh hey Ryan, I'm sorry. I should have told you before but I didn't want to label this until I was sure... but I'm kinda," head tipped at Jeremiah Guthrie, "seeing someone." she punctuated her words with the physical act of slipping her arm around Guthrie's side and mocking a pained apology. "I know you wanted to keep this quiet for a little longer, but I can't maintain bullshit for very long babe."
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 03:14 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

"Oh, well as long as you're not a sadist." He took the bag from her and then gave her a look. "What is this? Your lucky rock collection? I think I've carried ruck sacks that were lighter." Jeremiah grinned and threw it over her shoulder. It was definitely lighter than his usual gear, but pretty close. He gave the sack a little lift, telekinetically and lightened it ever so slightly. Cheating? Technically, but his back would thank him later.

The young Sergeant followed along, lagging only a step or two behind, taking in the sights. He looked over to Winona and smiled. "This place must be beautiful during the warmer months." Jeremiah continued looking around as he followed her into the dorm and up the stairs. After they got inside her little room, Guthrie took the time to examine both spaces for a second. It was pretty evident as to who had which half of the room. He looked at the dinosaurs set up on the monitor and just mumbled "Shiny." He looked at the girl, with new awe and reverence. In fact, if heart eyes were a thing, Jeremiah Guthrie would have some currently.

He set the bag down, out of the way of anything breakable and then went about scoping out the model for a minute. "Two part epoxy is going to be flammable if you're going to replicate the lightning striking the Hill Valley clock tower. Friendly advice from someone who's almost burned a building accidentally once or twice. The LED's in the Enterprise shorted out once." He stood up and made a 'what can you do' shrug. "I build model robots and spaceships when I'm around. Lessons learned the hard way."

The knock at the door made Jer jump a little. He felt like he'd been caught doing something he shouldn't have been. Winona went to answer it and he could tell by her body language that she was less than thrilled to see the guy. He listened to the things she said to 'Ryan' and the picture became clear. He was not one to take no for an answer. As her arm slipped around him, Jer moved the left one around Winona's waist and he smiled. He went along with the con, but the smile was more genuine than he was pretending.

"That's okay, sweetheart. It was more to keep from disrupting your life, than mine. Since I just got back into town and all." Jeremiah extended his hand to Ryan and turned on some of that country boy charm. "Jeremiah Guthrie. Pleasure to meet you, Ryan, was it?"

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 02:26 AM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Lying wasn't an art in which that Winona excelled, so when Jeremiah began to unfurl a tall tale about just getting back into town it took her a second to catch the ferry. "Right. You had that emergency back home... water damage made the roof cave in or something?" Internally Winona was wincing at the paper thin veil of obfuscation that she'd managed to speckle all over a perfectly viable excuse. She kept her head turned (maybe a little too far) and widened her eyes at Guthrie as if to silently express that lies weren't in her wheelhouse. It didn't hurt that her cheeks were starting to pink. The shared look was fleeting as attention returned to the unwanted frat boy who was shifting his weight awkwardly while trying to look cool as a cucumber.

"Yeah, good to meet you man." Ryan was shaking Jeremiah's hand as if this was news that wasn't sinking his hopes of conquest. "So I'll see you two over there then?" He was pointing a finger at Winona. "Don't let this one shark ya, she's a killer beer pong player." Head was shaking back and forth hands held up in defense. "I'm really not. I just got lucky. I don't even like beer. I just had a good run." Ryan was backing out and taking his leave as he offered a half hearted wave. "See you two in a few hours then. I can't wait to see that model in action." Winona was offering a tight grin and a few dopey nods at the excitement about the highly flammable monstrosity that she'd put together.

"This is just great. I don't have time to rebuild this thing before the party tonight I'm so monumentally screwed! You think there's any way we can scrap out the dangerous bits and get this thing sorta half-assedly working so I don't burn three hundred drunken teenagers to death?" The promise for a tour wasn't forgotten, but this was an emergency code red moment. Winona was on her hands and knees and bending to pull out her arts and crafts bin from under the bed and holding them out for Jere to take before she dove in for more. Poster board. foam core, markers, and a whole plastic tub of varied odds and ends from glitter to sculpting clay and more was pulled out and strewn all over the limited floor space. Winona didn't bother to stand up. It was easier to take inventory from here.
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Jan 27 2017, 05:30 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

As Winona looked over at him, Jeremiah gave her a little wink. The story was enough for him to work with. He'd spun a few tales before. He'd leave just enough truth in it to be believable. "Right, I didn't get to tell you what happened before I ran out. So, Mrs. Murphy's pipes burst and my ceiling is not apparently waterproof. She tried to clean it up herself, but it didn't go so well. The woman's 81 and a lovely cook, but pride. Man, I'm telling you." He gave them both a 'what can you do' kind of gesture. It wasn't a complete lie. He did have an 81 year old neighbor and something like this had happened a few years ago, so it wasn't entirely untrue.

"Needless to say, the landlord has us both in a nice hotel and she's offered to make me dinner sometime. You're invited too of course, sweetheart." He leaned over and kissed Winona on the cheek, trying to sell it. If she didn't want the guy around, Jeremiah decided it was his job to make the guy walk away. And he was only too happy to oblige. Ryan's body language showed that Jer's part of the plan was working.

Though the handshake showed that the frat boy still wasn't swayed. "Yeah. You too. Nice to see that Nona's got such good friends." He put a small amount of emphasis on those last too words. As if trying to subtly tell the other guy to buzz off. But the subtlety was lost on the frat guy. "Beer Pong? Huh. I didn't know you played." The half-hearted explanation of her skills made Jeremiah laugh softly. He had a vision of Winona beating an entire room of frat boys at beer pong. Then Ryan left and Jeremiah just shook his head, closing the door. He'd been on campus for two hours and had acquired a fake girlfriend and been invited to a party. It was a strange day.

"Well, this has been an interesting day, so far." The young Sergeant turned around to see Winona rummaging through containers. His eyes roamed for a minute, taking in the rather nice view and then he shook himself out of it. He looked at the model, while listening to her words. He noticed that she said something about 'we'. He looked at the model for a minute and then offered her a smile. "Ms. Winona, you happen to have one of the best engineering professionals the United States Marines could offer. This is one time, I'd be happy to be pressed into service. I think we can make something work." The gears started turning as he began taking his own inventory and slipped into work mode.

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 08:03 PM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Thank the Gods, Jeremiah was able to pick up the threads and sew together a plausible story. Winona's cheeks were so flush with color that she felt overheated as she buttoned up, smiled, and nodded along with the virtual stranger. The blush was telling enough, but at the act of being kissed, the pink spread to her ears. Breath constricted in a tight pull, her hand instinctively slapped at the front of Guthrie's chest, but Nona was able to make the action work for the exchange.

She didn't move her hand away from contact, instead she hid the awkward dance of 'intimacy' with bright laughter and doe-eyed amusement at the southerner. "Holy five o'clock shadow. Ticklish! You need to shave!" The lighthearted banter unfolded naturally. They joked about beer pong, Ryan backed himself out of the room where he was clearly not needed and as her door clicked shut, Winona let out a breath of relief.

"I'm sorry to push your tour off by an hour, but you said you were familiar with building models so congrats JerBear, you're my best bet for how to make this work." Sitting cross legged on the floor, Winona pulled the model down and started to pull apart the clock tower. Hand patted the open space next to her. It was a tight space, considering the square footage of the dorm room, but he didn't seem that worried about personal space a few minutes ago, so Maximoff was keen to roll with it.

Leaning past Jer to set the larger part aside, Winona again caught the scent of freshly laundered clothing and whatever hygiene products he favored. It was enough to register a carnal awareness. If it was because he'd opened the possibility of a date or something physical with the kiss to her cheek or a realization that it really had been a damn long semester of putting that aside, Winona didn't know. But she put actively flirting into her to do list to see if the feeling was mutual.

"I didn't use the same adhesive on the inside--" She tipped the clock's model over so that they could have a look at the guts inside, faltering only at the fact that had almost slipped past her. "So, I'm guessing because the war is over you're looking to do something else with your education? Did you just finish your tour then?" The tone of her voice was edging seriousness. "I can't even imagine what you must have been through, fighting against all that. Unless you didn't see much combat."

Winny kept her opinion about the war vague, but it didn't change the tone. Despite her origins, she wasn't a fighter. She didn't understand the dissension between super-powered people and humans. Being cloistered away from the conflict and being raised by parents who did everything in their power to keep her life 'normal', Winona was as average as you could get in a world torn apart by war. She took pause to put the model aside. "If you don't want to talk about it I can shut my mouth. I'm chatty as fuck, so its important to tell me when to stop pushing."
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 08:04 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

A little chuckle came out as Jeremiah smiled at Winona's reaction. His face flushed as her hand made contact. Hopefully, it would only look like the glow of the newly in love. Guthrie gave Winona a goofy smile. "Sorry. I didn't have a chance to shave yet. I have a razor in my kit. I'll clean up before the party." As Ryan walked out the door and closed it behind him Jeremiah let out a sigh and laughed. "Thought he'd never get the hint. Some people are extremely dense."

"Seems like the least I can do for the offer of a tour, Nona. Besides, I did steal a kiss too. I kind of owe you."

The Sergeant took a seat next to Winona, more than happy to crowd her personal space. As the Co-Ed moved past him, Jeremiah registered her body heat against his and the sent of shampoo and other products that sent little alarms off in his brain. The thoughts that filled the Marine's mind were not entirely pure, but they were halted by the fact that this was his best friend's cousin. Winona was a mission given to him by Joe. A mission to see that she didn't get involved in Joe's life. This was just a part of the mission that Joe didn't need to know about, he'd decided.

As Maximoff held up the clock model, Jeremiah leaned in a little to see the inside of it. He was aware of the closeness to her as he looked over her shoulder. He paused for a second as Winona asked about his time in the war. He looked up at her for a second, face rather close to her own and then he smiled and looked down, reaching for the model to examine it. His hand traced the adhesive while he spoke. "I'm an infantry guy. I saw far more action than I cared to." He said, offering a smile while looking over the adhesive. "I'm just recently back home on leave. I have about 6 months left thanks to them extending me past my tour, unless something else goes bad. Figured I'd start looking at options for when the finally let me muster out."

"You can ask me anything you want. If I can't say or you push too far, I'll let you know. You're okay." A small, controlled release of TK energy, hopefully too small to be seen, parted the glue and Jeremiah started disassembling the flammable parts of the model. "Heh. Guess you use the same model glue that I do. Good thing I'm versed in taking them apart too. Now, what are we rebuilding this with?"

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 03:40 PM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

"I'm a pacifist. So, I'm a little biased. If I was drafted for Vietnam or something... I'd have run away to Canada or shot myself in the foot. There's no way. But it's just not - I can't even play touch football without feeling bad about hurting someone." She was feeling more than a little bad about her words. It wasn't that she disapproved of the service, or people who chose to do that with their lives, it was just an entirely foreign concept for her. Fighting was ugly. It didn't solve anything. It just made more problems.

She was divided. Priority to get the project finished was important, but she'd promised to take Jeremiah on a tour of the campus. And disappointing a guy who'd gladly thrown himself into a gigantic lie to save her ass deserved to get a tour that would make the official guides stagger. Twisting at the middle to pull a box of assorted parts into range, she pawed through the bits to look for alternatives. "I have an old Pringles can. I was saving it for a steampunky Gigeresque castle tower, but I think the silver lining on the cardboard might be good for patching." She wasn't really a mini models expert, this was just something that had become a hobby after helping a few of the gamers down the hall with miniatures because quote: she had access to the super nerdy lab stuff.

Fingers brushed loose hair out of her face and behind her hear as she leaned to dig through more of the haphazard crap in the box. "I don't know what we're going to use for - what about clear nail polish? Once the solvent is evaporated, the nitrocellulose isn't active, so it's pretty safe right?" Already she was wincing at the nerdy explosion of words. Guys didn't like being schooled in chemistry. But sometimes Winona just couldn't help but get technical. There wasn't any other way of explaining it without being entirely inaccurate. "Hang on let me check the active ingredients-" Awkwardly she was standing and taking up strange spaces between them. "-in the bottle."

With one leg behind Jeremiah and the other propped up on the mattress, she stretched to the nightstand and the bottle of clear varnish that was sitting adjacent her book, an empty coffee cup, and her thick framed reading glasses. "Sorry, sorry!' Getting back into her prior position was just as difficult. Jere was holding the model this way and that to avoid her kicking it and she was working half blind. But at long last she plopped back down and squinted at the bottle. The words were there. Tiny little blurry words she could almost make out, if she struggled. Vanity wouldn't let her get up a second time for the reading glasses so she just bit her lip and held it out. "I think this'll do!"
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 02:22 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

Though Guthrie did not agree with her sentiment, he understood it. Jeremiah respected her honesty. He gave her a smile. After the things that he'd seen during the war, he actually didn't disagree with the statement. He wished that it wasn't necessary. "I understand. I respect that you feel open enough to tell me that. Do me a favor though? You don't have to pick and choose your words around me. Just be you. I won't be offended. It's nice to have the honesty."

He looked around at all the parts, pushing them around with his fingers. He was enjoying the chance to help Winona build something. It was nice to spend time doing something uncomplicated with an intelligent person. He looked up at the mention of the pringles can. "There was a whole display of them when I was wandering the bookstore. I'll help you split a can or eight of them and that will replace the one you have here." Then Winona started to mention something about clear nail polish remover and he followed her train of thought, up to the point where she started hitting him with more than his basic chemistry.

A grin split his lips. "I will differ to you on this one. My chemistry is very rusty beyond anything basic and you seem to be more knowledgeable there. I'll trust you not to kill us." The fact that she was intelligent was working counter to his plan. It only seemed to make Winona more attractive to Jeremiah Guthrie. He'd need to curb that, if he was to leave in the morning.

Then the coed leaned over to get the clear nail polish and she was suddenly in Guthrie's personal bubble again. And as much as his brain wanted to object to this, the rest of him was very okay with where she was. He didn't want to give her the idea that he was displeased about this. Instead, his mind focused for a second and he started moving the model around to protect it from errant limbs. His brain gave him a flash of the best way to occupy those limbs, but he pushed that back down into the box and dumped it in a mental closet.

"No, no. You're fine. I've been in much closer quarters before. Usually, the company isn't this pleasant though. Or this much fun."

PMAIM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 03:06 AM

VERVE

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Making connections wasn't a difficult thing for Winona Maximoff. Fearlessness helped a lot. As did having an oddball set of parents like hers. They were a hard nut to crack on how it ever worked out. Mom seemed perfectly content being independent and free spirited; and Dad... well he wasn't much into girls. But who was she to question best friends deciding to build a life together. It made a lot more sense to spend your time with someone who's company you couldn't do without rather than the suburbanite norm of fighting and divorce. Maybe it was the same for them, when they met, in college. Best friends that hit it off right away and felt the spark of attraction that superseded sexual preference or anything else. Maybe, it had started just like this; two people thrown together by chance who felt something crackle with kismet, who ran with it.

Part of making friends as easily as she did was her natural gift for reading people. Right off the bat Winona knew that Jeremiah was interested. His body language, the words he chose to use. The way he leapt into the role of boyfriend without hesitation and followed it up with impromptu physicality... it just screamed, I would like to throw caution to the wind and kiss you for real. So like a young and impulsive teenager, caught in the tide of hormones and consensual interest, that is exactly what she did. "Oh thank god, I was hoping for some fun." And with that, she pounced, knocked the model part out of Jeremiah's hand, and laid a soft escalating kiss on his mouth.

The tight quarters made the exchange a bit of an obstacle course. Winona was able to keep her weight off of Guthrie, but only because she had the heel of her hand propping against the rail that supported her mattress. The other was firmly gripping at the top of his shoulder and she was happy that her guess about the musculature he sported was accurate. The guy was built, soft on the eyes, and best of all, he had a brain in his head. Maximoff had zero regrets about acting on her instincts. But she had to be sure her reckless behavior wasn't out of line. Her mouth lingered above his as she smiled and made a throaty sigh. "I don't normally do things like this, but I admit, after you kissed me earlier, its all I've been thinking about. I hope I didn't misread you."
PMWebsiteAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 03:37 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 170 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

The kiss set off little explosions in his brain. Guthrie had to admit he wasn't expecting that outcome at all. Not that he minded one bit, it just crossed the parameters of his mission. As the model piece was knocked free of his hand, instinct caused him to slow it with his telekinesis, so it didn't shatter. His hand slid up her cheek and to the back of her neck as the kiss escalated.

His attraction to Winona had been pretty instant from the moment that he met her. The young Sergeant temporarily forgot about their little science project for a moment. He looked up at her as the kiss broke and managed a smile.

"No, no. You read me right. I'm... pretty girl, er, good with what just happened. Definitely interested." His thoughts began to order themselves and it felt less like his brain had been smashed with a brick and a twist of lemon. "Wanted to kiss you, just didn't want to take advantage of your hospitality."

His hands moved to her waist to help support her and Jeremiah moved up to kiss her again, wanting to savor his brief escape from the day to day monotony of the Marines. He touched his lips to hers again and took the liberty of escalating the kiss on his own. He figured that turn about was only fair after all.

He broke the kiss and smiled at her. "Gosh. I have to say this is turning out to be a swell introduction to the campus so far."
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw