gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Add Reply
New Poll

It's a great idea... No, really, Tag: Webhead
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: May 13 2017, 10:24 PM

GLITCH

Student 22 He/Him 38 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Offline

Nick walked into his apartment with three pizzas in his arms. He'd managed to fumble the door open and get inside, before setting the boxes down on the table. Nick pulled off his bag and set it in the chair. He'd spent the afternoon finishing a program for a project that was of questionable legality. Now, he had to convince his roommate that it was in his best interests to help him. That was where the pizza came in. Everyone had a price. He was just hoping that Parker could be bought with video games and pizza.

"Hey, Parker. I come bearing gifts. Tasty tasty gifts." He said with what he hoped was enough volume. The apartment was only a two room place that they shared and the common areas there were usually used for food, gaming and random projects. Nick was always working on some piece of hardware or software and Parker usually indulged in games or fixing up his costume. Nick had managed to get some deliveries "misplaced" with some higher end fabrics so that Rick could start making a better costume, but he kept telling Nick the one he had had sentimental value.

He was waiting to hear some kind of stirring. With his roommate's extra curricular activities, he never knew if he was in, sleeping or just binging netflix. It was hard to tell some days. He grabbed a couple slices and threw them on a paper plate. Nick heard some kind of movement and dropped on the couch with a plate. He set a plastic bag on the table and then called out again.

"C'mon, buddy. Dinner and the newest Super Smash Brothers. I've got to figure out how to beat your superhuman reflexes."

The game might have been a bit much, but they were waiting for it to come out. He figured if you couldn't bribe a friend with pizza and video games, then you couldn't bribe him with anything. He took a bite of his pizza and idly fingered the Z-Drive in his pocket. He'd have to wait to show Rick the drive and tell him the plan. He'd be more responsive with a full stomach.
PMEmail
^
Richard B. Parker II
 Posted: May 13 2017, 11:39 PM

SPIDER-MAN

STUDENT 23 He/Him 9 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© DRAKE · He/Him · Offline

With one final turn of a screw, Richard gently placed the minuscule contraption into the sleeve of his costume. As he pulled the red fabric onto his hand and flexed his fingers, he heard the doorknob turn from the front of the apartment. Richard swiftly tapped the hidden button at the base of the sleeve before. The lights in his bedroom instantly dimmed, but Richard winced.

Close, he thought.

Leaping straight upward and clinging to the ceiling, Richard made his way across the house, out through his door and into the small but comfortable living room. Locking eyes with the pizza, he grinned and lifted a wrist towards the top box. At that moment, his roommate said something to make Richard's head snap towards him, and he dropped from the ceiling, rotating in the air and landing comfortably beside the other boy.

"The new Smash Bros.? As in the one that doesn't come out for two months?" Richard noticed the bag on the counter and almost instantly shot a thin stream of webbing at it, pulling it towards him and rummaging in it with building excitement. Withdrawing the small box, an expression of childlike wonder broke out on his face.

"Nick, how did you get this?! You didn't steal it, did you?" His expression fell only slightly, as the deliverance of this glorious boon was enough to make him hesitate to ask. It was, after all, his favorite.

"You know what, nevermind. Thanks, roomie!" Richard wasted no time inserting the chip into their console (placed regally upon the throne that was their humble entertainment system) and hurrying over to the pizza while it booted up. He finished a slice in record time right there at the box, but the second through fourth were placed on a plate which he brought back to his spot on the couch.

Between swallows, he spoke.

"You know, what's really cool about this one, is they actually made a point to work with third-party developers, so every, like, third character is from an outside franchise. Not only that, but the movesets have been revamped and everything. Reggie actually said..."

Richard, whose focus was seemingly beyond reclamation at this point, wiped a hand on his pants as he continued reviewing the specs of the game between inhumanly large mouthfuls of pizza.
PM
^
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: May 14 2017, 03:12 AM

GLITCH

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Nick had gotten used to his roommate dropping out of the sky pretty quickly. Rich used that on him rather often, so it barely phased him anymore. A smile crossed Nick's face in between bites of pizza. He looked over at his roommate and grinned. Then he took a sip of soda and spoke. "Well, I might have gotten you registered as beta tester. So this might be your beta copy." He shrugged. "You'd be amazed how little security is around those databases. I had it cracked in about 20 minutes. It wasn't even hard."

He listened to his roommate go on for a little and ate pizza before speaking again. "It just requires you to fill a survey out every so often and let them know what you think. You have an opinion on everything, so that should be easy." He was surprised that Parker found the time to breathe between everything that he was spouting out to Nick. Of course, he'd heard all of this before. They'd spoken of the new features of the game with Reggie and the rest of their gaming group on several different occasions.

As Richard continued going on, Nick was content to keep eating. He'd most gotten the extra pies for Rick to keep his calorie count up, so he was content to eat what he could and move out of the way. He let the other man eat his fill and then, spoke as he was booting up the game. "So, uh... I need a favor. That's kind of why I'm trying to win your help here. I've got kind of a project going and I need some help."

"I need some help that only your alter-ego can offer." Nick said. "I've been working on a program. It's basically a very powerful hacking program. The problem is that I can't hack it by remote. I need to get into a location and actually do a manual install of the program. Once it uploads into the server, it will unpack and copy throughout the entire network. If I can pull it off, it's the mother of all hacks. Once I get in, I'll have an encrypted, dedicated connection to the network. We'll be set. I can use this to help people. And us."

The programmer took a deep breath. "The catch is that its inside a Division server vault. But if we can get in and install the 'ware, then I can basically hack their network. I can stay one step ahead of them and help anyone on their list out. And I know what you're thinking, but I've been listening to you go on about power and responsibility again." He looks at Richard. "We can help people."

PMEmail
^
Richard B. Parker II
 Posted: May 21 2017, 02:50 PM

SPIDER-MAN

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Richard paused his rambling description of refined framerates when Nick mentioned needing a favor. Upon hearing what the favor actually was, he continued chewing more slowly, listening intently to his roommate. Once Nick concluded his argument, Richard grimaced.

"This sounds... bad." Wiping his hands on a paper towel, Richard shook his head nervously. "I mean, this sounds like the kind of thing that could get a lot of people in trouble. I mean like us. Us kind of people." He scrambled for words for a moment before continuing.

"Nick, what if-" Richard sprung to his feet and started pacing slowly, turning his friend's plan over in his head. "Man, what if they find a way to trace this back to you? To you and me? This isn't the Golden Age anymore, y'know? A domino mask isn't gonna cut it. They get any sort of glimpse of me, and they will come looking. Then it's not only me and you who get shaken down. I've probably been spending too much time on the streets as it is, but if they get a whiff of this-" Richard shot a small blob of webbing straight up from his wrist before catching it his palm to punctuate his words- "-They'll tear this whole school apart. We'll be under martial law before I even get to finish the game." Richard looked sadly to the title screen which was projected on their living room screen.

With his hands on his hips, Richard turned to his roommate and spoke, his voice brimming with consternation.

"Look, obviously I'm no fan of Division, but if there's one thing they know, it's how to interfere with plans like this. I mean, one wrong step, and we're sunk. Deep. And how long before they find this bug anyway? You really think an attack like this is just something they'll shrug off?"
PM
^
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:21 AM

GLITCH

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Nick ate some of his pizza and let Rich talk and process. As the conversation slowly turned to the partial plan that he'd laid out for Rich, the man nodded. "It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. A Division server vault isn't nearly as well guarded as a base. I mean come on. Punisher and Daredevil managed to break into a full blown base. Security is way lower there. It's just a bunch of computers. They don't even have a fifth of the guards there" His partner in crime had a point, but Nick wasn't really up to being told that he shouldn't do something. This was something he really thought that his partner would be on board with.

"Punisher doesn't even have powers. I could borrow yours and a mask. A pair of Spidermen could be in and out before they even notice. I've been practicing. I'm decent enough with them. I'm not quite up to your level, but I'm as close as I can probably get." He gave Rich what he hoped looked like a reassuring grin. "Besides, Marshal Law just means they lock down the city and the campus. If anything that will just give you more time to play the game and beat it. We could be done with it before finals week."

Nick looked over at his roommate and looked at Rich, considering his words carefully. "Listen, this bug will look like an error if they find it. They'll just delete it, but it won't matter because that will be only one copy. Once we upload it into the server, it will make back ups and store it everywhere on their system. This will give me admin access to their systems."

He held the Z-Drive up to Rich. "Besides, Richie, aren't you always telling me that with great power, comes great responsibility? This right here, is the greatest power I've managed to make. And even if they do trace it, it's going to look like the Russians were hacking them through Korean proxies. I've got this figured out. We can get in and I can do a lot of good inside their systems. I can erase the last traces of you from there, I can erase others entirely. We can warn people. We can save more people between that and being able to send you places ahead of their patrols to help."

He looked at his metahuman partner, eyes pleading. "C'mon, Rich. I just need some help with this. I can't pull it off alone. I will try if I have to, but I'd prefer not to. I'd rather have someone I trust watching my back."

PMEmail
^
Richard B. Parker II
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 11:28 PM

SPIDER-MAN

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Rich struggled to contain his consternation. Running his hands through his hair, he sighed with the sound of repressed panic. Despite his admiration for his father's legacy, he still felt that he was far from the minimum level of experience required to confront Division directly. Most of his superheroic hours thus far had been logged in prevention of general mischief, with the occasional armed assault or robbery thrown in on the exciting nights. This would be a definitive step up in terms of aspiration.

"Punisher and Daredevil don't have midterms to study for, and also, they're out of their minds." The comparison with these two vigilantes in particular shook Rich, and he looked up at his roommate. "But if you're strong-arming me, you know I can't let you go alone. It makes me nervous just thinking of you walking into a Division bunker by yourself, guards or not. I mean, you're familiar with he concept of firearms, right? Do you even have a plan for getting in and out of there without powers?"

Rich paused.

"You know what, I don't want to know. I'm sure you do." Another sigh.

"Alright. We're doing this." This time, Rich spoke with resignation to his roommate. "Stay here. I've got something for you." He dipped into his room for a few seconds before returning few seconds later with a small cardboard box, which he held out to Nick. "And for the record, this is your Christmas present."

The web-shooters were originally intended to prevent any embarrassing near-death experiences during their nighttime patrols, during which Nick practiced absorbing Rich's powers. After the first time Nick almost plummeted to his death, Rich recognized the need for a failsafe.

"I already tested them out. There's enough web-fluid for weeks of travel, which probably means we should have just enough to make a pinata out of everyone we see there. It's easy to get carried away." Rich smiled, beginning to feel a little more at ease. "This way I don't have to stick you to my back like a newborn, although I maintain that that was an excellent instance of roommate bonding.
PM
^
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 11:33 PM

GLITCH

APPLICATION SHIPPER

“I mean you're running around in pajamas too. That's not really a ringing endorsement of your sanity, buddy.”

Nick stared at the loading screen for the game while he thought about it. The plan called for two people and he'd chosen Rich because of his familiarity with copying his powers. The two had spent hours practicing together. Nick couldn't completely copy certain aspects of the spider powers but he’d come as close as he could to being able to control the limited copy of it. Rich had even let him wear a spare costume on one or two occasions.

“I have several plans for entry and exit. I was just hoping that you'd come with me. That's the plan with the highest success rate. Not to mention the fact that I'll have someone there who can help me execute the escape plan.”

Once Rich got up and ran into his room, Nick went back to staring at the screen, replaying the opening for who knew how many times. He hated involving people when he didn't have to, but he needed Spider-Man’s help. When Rich came back and dropped the box in his lap, Nick looked at it for a moment before opening it.

A few moments were spent staring at the contents in wonder. A pair of webshooters sat inside the box. Nick looked up at him, then back at the box. “Are these based on your dad’s design? These are real Spider-Man webshooters.” He tried them on, listening to Rich go on about them.

“This is cool. I had something made up for the next time we went out anyway.” The newborn comment made him pause. Nick looked up at Parker. “We don't ever mention that. Remember? Never. Ever. That never happened or I am going to make sure that your transcripts disappear forever.”
PMEmail
^
Richard B. Parker II
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 09:19 PM

SPIDER-MAN

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Richard mumbled something that sounded like "they're not pajamas," although his expression was good-natured.

He smiled as Nick accepted his gift. "You know it, roomie. I had to work backwards a bit, because I obviously haven't had much use for them. They're probably not as refined as my dad's, but they're easy to use. Point-and-shoot." Richard demonstrated by pointing towards his friend's chest with his index and pinky fingers, pressing his middle and ring fingers to his palm. "As per the standard, you can shoot with different densities and tensile strengths. Press and hold longer for thicker strands. We can practice swinging later, if you like, but I'm sure you'll figure it out."

He bowed his head as Nick chastised him for bringing up their early attempts at being a dynamic duo. Looking up, he held his hands up innocently.

"Right. Sorry. It's just that you grew up so fast." He smirked, albeit with genuine fondness and sincerity.

Rich then took another slice of pizza. He seemed to struggle for a moment between taking another slice in his other hand and attempting to utilize his game controller with one hand. He settled for laying a territorial hand on the controller.

Turning to his roommate, he spoke with his mouth full.

"So I guess since we're really doing this, you should walk me through the game plan." He finished his slice and turned determinedly towards their screen. "Maybe start with the footnotes," he added With a regulated hint of impatience, pointing a finger towards the title screen, which had cycled through several times at this point.

Despite their relatively cavalier approach to such an ambitious endeavor, Richard had his doubts about the operation. For one thing, he thought, I barely have any experience against Division. I don't know their tactics, their weapons. They might have something to counteract my webbing, if we even get close enough for me to use it.

But his mind was made up, due partly to the fact that his friend was going either way and would probably have need for backup, and partly because Richard knew he had to do more.

He set the tournament-standard rules and selected his favorite character from the game's predecessor.

First things first, he thought with a smile.
PM
^
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 10:56 PM

GLITCH

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Nick looked at the shooters in awe. He'd always joked about borrowing a set from Rich to get to class on time. Now, his roommate had gifted him a pair. It was pretty much the perfect compliment to the costume he'd made up for this operation. He looked the webshooters over and then pointed one at Rich, depressing the trigger with two fingers. A blob of web shot towards the other. Nick grinned.

"Perfect. This is pretty straightforward. I should be able to work with these. The swinging is going to take a little bit of practice and getting used to. Some of us can only get so near to the way your body is configured. I can't move as fast or as long as you and I'm not as strong, remember? Even my powers have their limits."

The college student shook his head at the statement about growing up. "Oh, come on. It happened once. You moved too fast out of range and I lost the powers before I could get to the ground. Don't be a prick about it. I almost died." The situation was funny now, but at the time, not so much. Nick lagged behind and Rich cleared his radius. Nick lost the powers before he could get to the ground and almost ended up taking the express route to the street.

Another piece of pizza in hand, Nick nodded. "It's a pretty straightforward OP. Their little server farm is in a nice off site building. It isn't heavily guarded because no one really wants to mess with their computers. We're talking 4 to 5 guards maximum." He takes a bite of the pizza. After swallowing, he continues. "So, basically, if we use your power set, we should have an easier time stealthing our way inside. I can disable any security we come across. We get in, pop the Z-drive in and then once the file is installed, that's it. We get out. It will do the rest of the work once it's installed." He finished the slice of pie and looked over at Rich, wiping his mouth on a napkin and picking up his controller.

"No plan survives the enemy, so I figured we make it as low maintenance as possible. That way if it does go sideways, the whole thing doesn't fall apart and we can still operate and get out. Basically, we hit them quietly and then leave the same way."

The joy stick on the controller clicked as Nick selected his character and set it to ready.

"Now, are we going to talk all night or are you going to shut up and lose?"
PMEmail
^
Richard B. Parker II
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 09:31 PM

SPIDER-MAN

APPLICATION SHIPPER

"Oh, my sweet summer child."

Richard's hands tightened around the controller just as he heard a loud snap and the power went out. His face faded from eager anticipation to utter dismay in a second. In the next, the controller was on the ground and his face was in his hands.

"Nooo... "

His groan was matched by another shake and another, louder boom. He leaned back on the couch and stared at the ceiling, his brow furrowing as he felt what seemed like the whole building tremble around him. Then he heard shouts. A slight twinge shot through to his skull and his eyes widened. He leapt twenty feet vertically and skittered along the ceiling to his room. When he reached his door at the end of the hall, he swept the entire contents of his desk onto the floor, webbing them together as he did so until they formed a clumsy-looking clump of web refill capsules, experimental gadgets, and textbooks. Looking over his shoulder, he spoke shortly to Nick with mingled panic and exasperation.

"We gotta go."

With that, he grabbed Nick by the arm and held him as he himself faced forward. He rotated his wrists so that they faced upwards and ejected a short, thick strands of webbing from each of them. These he slung over each of his shoulders, forming a couple of makeshift backpack straps, which he used to attach his roommate to his back. With that done, he strode forward to his window and yanked it open in one sharp motion.

Briefly scanning the room one final time, grabbed the wall just above the window and swung his legs out and up, landing just above the window on the wall outside of the building. He grabbed one of the straps securing Nick with one hand and with the other slammed the window closed. Just then the door to their small apartment blew inward and armored troops came filing in, scattering toe very corner of the room. Shouting "clear" to each other as they finished scouting each room with their rifles pointed in front of them, they quickly canvassed the small living space. One of the troops glanced suspiciously around Richard's room before locking on to the window. His eyes narrowed on the window. Another troop in the living room was looking at the television screen, still blinking rapidly and blaring triumphant music.

"The roof," the man barked, and the other troops began to file quickly out of the apartment and head towards the stairs.

PM
^
NICHOLAS HALDEN
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:03 AM

GLITCH

APPLICATION SHIPPER

The power going out threw Nick for a loop. He immediately thought it was something that he was running that did it and started to look around, listening for the breaker to trip. Then the boom came. Nick was up out of his seat as soon as he heard it. He went to his room and stuffed his new costume into the "Go bag" he kept at the ready and then moved to his desk, channeling the peak human speed he got by borrowing Rich's power.

By the time his roommate told him they had to go, Glitch had ejected both hard drives from his desktop and slipped them into the bag with his laptop. He'd spent years building the rig just for games and hacking, but now that the he'd pulled the drives, it was useless. He'd miss the machine but as long as the drives were with him, he wouldn't have to worry about any evidence being left behind.

Richard was webbing Nick to his back and the twenty something wasn't exactly thrilled about this. He rolled his eyes and slipped his own webshooters on. This wasn't going to stand for very long. Nick would see about freeing himself very soon. He heard the people crashing through their apartment as they were outside now, and Nick was dangling from Rich's back.

Halden tapped Parker on the shoulder. "Ricky, we need to get up to the roof. They're going to have air cover coming. This is typical Division. We need to get suited up or masks at the least. That way no one knows what went on here or who did what. I think we can probably web up the roof access to delay these guys and that should buy us about ten minutes before their chopper moves in. Roughly."

PMEmail
^
REBEKA A. MCCABE
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 10:55 PM

TELSA

Thief 33 She/Her 9 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© pidge · · Offline

A bored Bex was usually a dangerous Bex because, as the saying went, idle hands are the devil’s playthings. Things had been relatively quiet as of late, at least in respect to any sort of plans the Brotherhood had. After a big to do in Chinatown, everyone seemed to be keeping their heads down, as the Division seemed to be on hot one to take down any mutant they could get their hands on. Which, for Bex, basically meant stay inside and don’t do anything stupid. But she was tired of staring at the ceiling and eating everything in the cupboards. She was bored of messing with people’s emails and text messages from the couch. She wanted to get out and stretch her legs a bit. And a little larceny never hurt anyone...much.

Standing and stretching a bit, Bex then hopped onto her own “light rail” through an outlet next to the TV and headed toward downtown. She found a deserted back room of a restaurant to pop out of, trying, at least a little, not to attract attention as she adjusted her jacket and walked out the delivery entrance and into the outside world. She got a few awkward stares from the kitchen staff as she walked by, but she gave them a little wave and a smile before looking around outside for something to entertain her.

”Eeny meeny, miny, mo…” she poked at the air, looking at all the datastreams running around, looking for anything interesting that might catch her eye. ”OoooOOOooh what are you?” she’d come to recognize encrypted communications on sight, as they were always something interesting and potentially lucrative. She plucked at it and it took her a moment to decrypt the signal before the rapid fire exchange of a strike team filled her head.

A mischievous grin spread over her face as she listened in. She knew they were supposed to lay low and not draw too much attention to themselves. She knew causing a spectacle would be the exact opposite of what she should be doing. But she was bored, and this seemed like something that would keep her occupied for a bit. They seemed to be after someone; and one less person they arrested was one more person that could help her out.

Instead of just popping in unannounced, she followed the trail and set off at a light jog, guessing it wasn’t too far away for such a strong signal. And she was right. She showed to a walk, sticking her hands in her pockets as she stopped at the end of the block that was crawling with enforcement. There were two big black vans parked in front of the apartment building they were storming. After a quick look, she could tell one was for prisoners, the other, communications. That one was easy, it was glowing like a quest item, just begging her to take it. She could see the signals flowing back and forth, centered on the van and dispersed to the various persons giving or receiving orders. It was a rather pretty light show, and she was almost ashamed to ruin it. Almost.

”This one goes to eleven,” she muttered to herself as her have been to turn an imaginary knob. ”Sorry not sorry for the headaches you're all about to have.” A loud screech tore through the comm units and right into the awaiting ears of the guys with guns. While they were all so distracted, she made her way up to the apartment and popped out into a room with a rather sweet looking set up, which she took a few moments to poke at before announcing her presence.

She took a quick sweep, spotting a few left in the apartment, their neurons firing rapidly as they recovered from the overload to their hearing. Cocking her head curiously, she spotted two more outside, sticking to the wall. She figured that's who they came for and kept looking for other unfriendly people. She could see a few on the stairwell still struggling back to their feet as well, regaining their equilibrium as they continued their ascent. ”You know, you guys are really noisy.” One of them in the apartment recovered quicker than she thought as he pointed his gun at her and told her to freeze. She put her hands up in mock surprise then disappeared into the wiring, popping out in the living room.

”Seriously, pipe down.” Three more guns pointed in her direction as one started to call in about her unexpected self.

“We've got another mutant, very hostile-”

”What? Me? Hostile? Never. Ok, maybe once….. Ok twice. Ok, actually I lost count. But, point is-” she made a snipping motion with her fingers, trying to cut his line out to the van. ”You're all wearing a bunch of expensive electronics. And it's gonna be a bad day.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw