gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Closed
New Poll

GUTHRIE, jeremiah r., 31 | Registered | Travis Fimmel
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 04:26 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 182 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Online

DATABASE FILE # 0110327 MUTANT, REGISTERED
Jeremiah Reese Guthrie
31 | REGISTERED | TRAVIS FIMMEL
PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR | TELEKINESIS/FLIGHT | GUARDIAN
" We're the folks they call in when you messed up. If I'm here now, guess where you fit in the scheme of things. "
  • TELEKINESIS: Put simply, Jeremiah has the ability to influence or manipulate objects and matter with his mind. This allows him to do several things:

Levitation: One of the more simplistic tricks Jeremiah can do. He uses his powers to levitate objects of various sizes. The upper limit of his levitation power hasn't allowed him to move anything larger than a Humvee (and he lifted that under an extreme situation), though mostly, he sticks with smaller cars. He's also known for quoting various Star Wars movies when using this power at parties to impress girls.

Telekinetic Push/Pull: Another simple trick, used mostly for moving small objects, ranging from dice to books to coffee cups. Jeremiah has found it a very useful power when someone is pointing a firearm at him. He usually sticks to small objects with this, but has used it offensively against a person on occasion.

Psionic Strength Enhancement: Using his telekinetic powers, Jeremiah can increase his strength to the point where he can punch through solid steel, using a combination of his psionics to add momentum to his punch and force fields to shield him from damage. It's a nice power to have when running into a mutant in the field.

Object Manipulation: Telekinesis can be used to manipulate the inner workings of objects. For example, unlocking a door with a standard non-electronic lock with a thought or using it to throw switches and toggle breakers. Jeremiah uses this power in the field sometimes, but spends more time using it in the office to help take things apart and repair them, since Joe is constantly breaking things with his powers.

Intuitive aptitude: Jeremiah can learn how most simplistic mechanical and some slightly more complex electronics operate just by disassembling them and reassembling them. The catch is that this power is limited by his own knowledge. He can only fix things that he has a basic understanding of. You won't catch him mucking about with Stark Tech or building one of Doctor Doom's time platforms anytime soon.

Telekinetic Offense: Jeremiah can use his powers offensively to create telekinetic constructs of varying degrees. He can make weapons, as well as firing offensive blasts. He can also use his powers to surround his extremities with force fields that make for a little extra something in those punches and kicks. He can also crush or explode things either by surrounding it with a TK field and compacting or starting in the middle and expanding the field. Jeremiah doesn't tend to do this one very often, since more dense materials usually require too much time and focus that he can't spare. This is usually more of a shock and awe thing in combat.

The construct ability seems to be limited by size. It seems to Jeremiah that his telekinetic constructs seem to weaken the larger they get. He can make up to several dozen the size of house cats or medium dogs that are extremely durable, but one single construct the size of a Sentinel seems to only be able to withstand a few blows from an enemy.

The Defense: This power is the reason Jeremiah got his call sign in the Marines. He can project a telekinetic barrier capable of stopping everything from a .22 to a .50 caliber machine gun round. He frequently used this power during the war to save members of his unit. The shield isn't much use to anything stronger than a .50 cal machine gun and will cause his nose to start bleeding the longer he has to sustain it against repeated exertion. This power is also used when Jeremiah flies to keep anything from impacting with him at high speeds.

Flight: Flight is Jeremiah's secondary mutation. He learned to use this ability before even his telekinesis (The shield came second after the broken arm). He started with simple levitation of his own body and then moved up to being able to move as fast as 200 MPH unburdened. With another full sized adult, he is reduced to a maximum of 120 to 150 depending on the weight of said passenger. He doesn't have much need for that kind of speed lately, so he usually keeps it around 70 to 100 MPH when near populated areas. He believed that this power was originally derived from his TK, but upon further study, (and some psi dampeners) it was discovered that his fight power is an independent ability.

There's No Such Thing as an Ex-Marine: Jeremiah was part of the United States Marines for 5 years. He achieved the rank of Gunnery Sergeant due to his vast technical knowledge and bravery and learned a host of skills.

Marksmanship: He can shoot anything from a pistol up to a Squad Automatic Weapon proficiently, though Jeremiah is considered a marksman with a 9 mm or .45 caliber handgun and an M-16A4 automatic rifle (either on single shot or three round burst, of course).

Survival Skills: Though a good portion of these skills developed from being a mutant in a world that wasn't really fond of them, the Corps only improved Jeremiah's ability to survive away from civilization for a prolonged period of time. He takes the mantra "Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome" very seriously.

Engineering: Growing up on the Guthrie Farm, Jeremiah learned to take apart and repair some of the equipment to help maintain it. He dabbled in mechanical engineering, and was quite good with electronic systems. Thanks to some on the job training by Uncle Sam and a degree from the Armed Forces Community College, Jeremiah has a degree in electrical engineering and a minor in mechanical.

Leadership: Jeremiah spent his time as a non-commissioned officer in the Corps directing a crew serviced weapons platoon running machine guns. This put him in direct command of a group of soldiers and meant he was in charge of keeping them alive and supervising their training and discipline. He doesn't use this skill much as of late, but he is always ready to call upon it when needed.

The Problem with Crackers: Guthrie's time as part of the project left him with a recent discovered issue. His handlers left a psychic AI construct inside his head. The construct calls itself Gideon. Gideon was activated by repeated tampering with Jeremiah's mind and now manifests as a projection that only he can see and hear. In addition to always being in the background, Gideon can speed up the way Jeremiah's brain processes, allowing them to have full conversations in seconds. This can only be done every so often, though as it may cause brain damage. The construct also seems to be able to help Guthrie control and use his powers to a better extent than he could prior, providing everything from training to assistance utilizing his abilities and the occasional tactical advice.
  • Shell Shocked: Spending ten years fighting a war has a tendency to leave some scars. Jeremiah was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder three months after he returned home from the war. In addition the usual symptoms (flashbacks, nightmares, angry out bursts, etc), Jeremiah's telekinetic powers have proven to be an interesting complication. During nightmares, he makes things levitate, has shattered a door and even grabbed Joseph by the throat with his TK in a half awake fugue state. The other complication has been that sometimes during flashbacks from the war, he has manifested constructs of soldiers he has served with, some of whom are forced to replay their deaths in a grim piece of psychic torture theatre.

He can be triggered by loud noises, some smells and the occasional sight of blood. Though he has been urged by friends and loved ones to get help, he prefers to pretend the problem doesn't exist and tries to keep a low profile when he feels the warning signs. The newest problem that he's noticed is that as his TK powers seem to increase, they seem to overwhelm him in this state.

Frailty: Though he can shield himself and throw a car with little to no trouble, at the end of the day, Jeremiah is only human. If his shield fails, he can be ripped apart by bullets, bombs, knives, etc. He can grow old or get sick or any number of illnesses can take him. He's still a soft target in psionic armor. Without the armor, that just makes him a soft target.

Bottom-Shelf Shielding: Though Jeremiah had help setting up the basic psychic shielding in his brain to protect him, any psychic more powerful than the ones who made the shields (There's lots), could crack the shields like an egg and break into his mind with ease.

Too much, too fast: While he is capable of using his abilities to an adept level, sustained usage of any given ability can cause him a great deal of fatigue. This can start with minor headaches, blurred vision, bloody noses, and when pressed to the point of overexertion can put him into a coma given the worst case scenario. This presents itself more often when he switches between different uses (shielding, blasts, flight, etc.) or when using more than one ability at a time.

Psychic Feedback: When his shields break, constructs shattered, etc. it creates a great deal of psychic feedback that can be difficult to deal with. Depending on the level of said feedback, this can be temporary disorientation to complete catatonic shock.

You Don't Have to go Home, But You Can't Stay Here: After some questionable events that took place the last 7 months of his career, Jeremiah was given an other than honorable discharge from the Marines. This left a black mark on his record that's rather permanent and has followed him around like a stigma.

Public Life: Being the son of Sam Guthrie and Lila Cheney, sometimes attracts the strangest attention for Jeremiah. Sometimes it's the paparazzi, other times just a random crazed fan. More often than not, he gets the kind of attention directed towards him being "Cannonball's kid" and working at Magus Recovery. Needless to say it's created some complications in his life from time to time.

I'm Not Crazy...Right?: As Jeremiah's telekinetic powers have increased, he's noticed that his post-traumatic episodes are taking on more of a real life and that he's been losing a bit more of himself. The episodes tend to last longer and the constructs are becoming more real. Though he doesn't want to seek help, Jeremiah has a secret fear, that one day, he'll have an episode and he won't come back from that endless war in his mind.

• "Go to war or go to jail." Boy, they weren't kidding, were they? Let me start at the beginning. My name is Jeremiah Guthrie. Yeah, that Guthrie. Sam and Lila's kid. Well, you know most of that story. As much as I can remember, mine really starts on the Guthrie Farm in Kentucky. I grew up there, raised by my parents. Had the real small town experience for most of my life. Harvest the crops, Friday night football games, cutting class to go fishing, the whole nine yards.

Honestly, it wasn't entirely like the stereotype, but it was a good life. My powers manifested when I was 12. My TK powers were pretty weak. I could lift small objects about the weight of an apple. I learned to use them to help me take things apart, so I could fix them around the farm. It was pretty handy. Joe always called me a geek because I spent so much time tinkering. Joe? Oh, yeah. My best friend. Joe Maximoff. Yeah. That guy. We've known each other since we were teenagers. I know what they all say, it's different when you know him. He's the reason I got the lecture on how to use my powers properly, honestly.

No. Not because he's a Maximoff. Because he pointed out that the head Cheerleader's skirt doesn't weigh more than an apple. I know. I was 15 and immature. Try not to judge me too harshly. Fast forward to the war. When I was 18, I was drafted into the Marines. I didn't think they would want a mutant in the ranks, but they were pretty aware of my mutant abilities and all too happy to take me. I traveled all over the place. Cuba, Russia, The Middle East. Spent a lot of time in unpleasant places, doing unpleasant things. My TK shield came in handy. I saved a lot of lives with it. My platoon started calling me "Guardian". Yeah, like some mythical protector. Needless to say, it stuck.

Six years after it broke out and the Mutant Registration Bill passed, I was ordered to register as soon as I was inducted. It was literally go to war or go to jail. I did what I thought was best at the time. A lot of my fellow mutants have expressed other sentiments to me about that. It's been a lot of fun.

The rank? Yeah. Normally, I wouldn't have been a Gunnery Sergeant so early, but with my technical knowledge and the fact that billets kept opening up due to deaths, I was on sort of an accelerated path. Apparently, it also helps if you keep throwing yourself on grenades and at bullets. People tend to put you where you can lead and inspire the men. It's good for morale.

The last 7 months? I don't really like talking about it much. One of those lovely three letter agencies got permission to "borrow" me. They decided that my powers could be put to use ending the war faster. Turns out when you can manipulate things with telekinesis, things like the carotid artery or the human heart aren't really that big or hard to squeeze. I did a few things I'm not proud of. It saved some lives. I refused to continue doing it after a certain point. Yeah. That was why I got drummed out of the Corps. The Major in charge of the project saw to that. Of course, I saw to it that he swallowed a good portion of his teeth, before they hauled me away in chains.

They decided not to press charges and I was discharged with an other than honorable discharge. Not really easy to get a job like that. Joe approached me with an idea for a recovery agency. We had some funds and we started the business. I'd like to say it was all his idea, but it's mostly honest work. We even managed to hire his sister as our receptionist. I'm just a guy trying to put my life back together. You can't really fault me for that, can you?

MATRIX | TWENTY NINE | PM OR DRESDEN2596
PMAIM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Jan 14 2016, 02:45 AM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 182 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Online

Gunnery Sergeant Guthrie updated and ready for inspection, sir!
PMAIM
^
CYCLOPS
 Posted: Jan 14 2016, 03:09 AM

APPLICANT REVIEWER

APP REVIEW n/a N/A 143 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© STAFF · THEY/THEM · Offline

ACCEPTED!

Jeremiah is a fantastic addition to the Guthrie family tree. He’s seen some shit and came back haunted, and that just makes us love him more. Not because he’s seen some shit, but because he came back. A lot of people don't make it back after the three letter agencies get their claws into them.. Also the fact that he came from a want ad is a total bonus, we love answered want ads. also fimmel ftw

QUICK TIPS

Remember to hit up our DATABASE and fill out ALL the claims forms. Don't forget the family relations for those related to marvel canons. After all if you don't claim it, you could lose it! Also, please remember to completely fill out your member profile.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

RPG-D Age of Heroes

Blood Roses: OUaT RPG X-Men ideal world

skinned by noä of cttw