gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Add Reply
New Poll

Semper Fidelis, 31 | PRIVATE DETECTIVE | TRAVIS FIMMEL
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: Mar 5 2016, 07:04 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 182 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Online

JEREMIAH REESE GUTHRIE
31 |GUARDIAN| PRIVATE DETECTIVE
If you need a problem solved, Jeremiah is your man. He's the co-owner of Magnus Recovery and partner to Joe Maximoff. Though he is a licensed recovery agent, Jeremiah prefers to stick to the investigative side of things. He'll find missing people and things, for anyone with the coin, but he prefers not to contract out to the government and Division when he can avoid it. Joe insists that it pays the bills, but Jeremiah is not content selling his services to "soulless corporations". He only does it when he absolutely has to and nine out of ten times, it's because he's helping Joe with a case.

Jeremiah likes to see the best in people. It's what Joe both admires and hates the most about him. Despite all that he's been through, despite everything that's happening in the world around them, he is eternally the optimist. That's what, at the end of the day, draws him to the work they do. He's not in it for the money, or the connections, he wants to genuinely help people. He sincerely believes in those around him and supports them in any way he possibly can. To many this can seem a bit naive, but he is anything but.

Jeremiah is well aware of how the world works. He knows people. Having been forced into the system when he joined the Marines, this made him a pariah in the eyes of many. While he eventually grew into his role among his unit, it wasn't something that happened over night. There were days when he felt like a tool, and nothing more. There were days that he was treated like a tool and nothing more. But as time went by, as the world changed and war erupted, there were more bad days then there were good. Days that he often avoids talking about.

He's got a bit of red in his jacket. Stains on his soul that no matter how hard he tries he just can't seem to wash away. It took a long time for him to find the peace within himself to not only overcome his demons, but that doesn't mean they don't haunt him. He has his good days and his bad days. But, ultimately, he always rises.

PMAIM
^
PYOTR L. BARTON
 Posted: May 4 2016, 07:16 AM

HAWKEYE

BAR OWNER thirty-five HE/HIM 82 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MAGS · SHE/HER · Offline

LYN & MIAH
    So I’ve already plotted this with Joe, so I think perhaps she and Jeremiah may know each other too. She’s technically good people. I mean she’s a living train wreck but... she means well and is good company? I dunno, but yeah.

ANTIGONE & JEREMIAH
    As a member of the Guthrie family, I think Jeremiah was on the X-Men's original "want" list. However, they did their research before making contact and possibly decided not to reach out to him because they were concerned that he may not be in the right condition to join them yet. IE they were concerned about his mental health/ptsd and opted to let him deal with/take care of himself instead of bringing him into the fold.

TYNE & JEREMIAH
    Oh look, it’s a fellow vet. I mean Tyne was a military doctor, but she’s seen some shit and it did in fact fuck her up too. She’s got two shrinks, one a department shrink and the other which she has to pay big for. Tyne doesn’t go to a group though, she’s too busy and also the idea of sitting in a room with stale donuts and bad coffee massively unappealing. She prefers painting, working and using her death-sense to try and stop people from dying horribly. That last part being something that she might seek out Jeremiah for assistance with, seeing as he’s a Private Investigator and all. She may or may not have gotten/will get a referral to him from Townsend since they both know him.

KILLIAN & JEREMIAH
    These two men are similarly chill individuals and if Killian didn’t presently live in a shack in the woods they’d probably meet in a diner at 3am while eating pie. Although that could still technically still happen. I bet if these two and Alister got together it would turn into a zen/bamf wacky adventure - in which Killian would probably accidentally turn into a bear at some point and then just continue hanging out like its no big deal. IDK.

TABITHA & JEREMIAH
    Tabitha is everywhere, kind of like Kirk in Gilmore Girls (but cooler tbh). She’s Townsend’s part-time roommate and an off-grid mutant/Morlock. Tabs knows her way around and can find anything at just about any time of day. If Jeremiah ever needs something illegal done that he can’t do himself for whatever reason, Tabby would happily help out for a small fee. I mean any friend of Townsy’s must be good people. Since she’s a solar-powered energy bunny who doesn’t do a lot of sleeping, there is a good chance they’ve met and or seen each other around in the middle of the night. Dunno but if he’s friends with Chris it’s likely they’ll cross paths at some point.

MAX & JEREMIAH
    I don’t have anything right now, but it’s likely to be something totally badass and awesome.

PYOTR & JEREMIAH
    Fast friends of moderately good influence! I’m sure these two will get into all kind of bizarre scenarios, but hey free grilled cheeses. I don’t know these two are very much ‘winging it’ plotting types.
PM
^
JEREMIAH R. GUTHRIE
 Posted: May 23 2016, 12:11 PM

GUARDIAN

P.I. 32 He/Him 182 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© MATRIX · He/Him · Online

Lyn and Miah
I can see it. Jeremiah could always use friends on the force and he has a habit of collecting human train wrecks. He also gravitates towards good people. Also, gun fire. But that's just an issue with his job.

Antigone and Jeremiah
I could see them reaching out and Jeremiah trying to convince them he can do the job, when really he flinches at car doors being slammed loudly and loud noises in general. Maybe he and Antigone spoke about it and the X-men's concern was what finally convinced him to get some help. He can be a bit stubborn that way. He does know an X-man or two. I don't see him not staying in touch with them. He just doesn't mention it to Joe.

Tyne and Jeremiah
Anything to help out a fellow vet. And a reference from Townsend is usually good news. Usually. But mostly interesting. So he'd do what he could to help. I can tell you that he'd be willing to help. He was never good at saying no. Even when he should.

Killian and Jeremiah
These two together would be fun. Jeremiah probably wouldn't even blink at the bear thing. He'd probably insist on calling Killian his spirit animal and go back to eating his pie. Adding Alister would just turn this idea into hilarity.

Jeremiah and Tabitha
Illegal?! I am shocked and appalled. Jeremiah would never need anything illegal. No, I jest. He probably needs the occasional service and he can pay for it. He probably needs faked IDs or something hacked or the occasional bit of information. Chances are that they've met and he probably thinks Tabitha is cool. He probably reminds her often not to get caught or do anything stupid that would bring Joe after him. That whole off grid thing and all.

Max and Jeremiah
A couple of badasses shooting guns. At each other? At other people? Who knows, but it will be fun.

Pyotr and Jeremiah
These two would be amazing. Getting into all sorts of things and Jeremiah can eat his own weight in grilled cheese. Plus he's good with kids if Pyotr ever needs a babysitter. I'm pretty sure they wing it most days. I look forward to more with them.
PMAIM
^
PYOTR L. BARTON
 Posted: Oct 1 2016, 07:35 AM

HAWKEYE

BAR OWNER thirty-five HE/HIM 82 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

Lawyers, Guns & Money from grimmykins on 8tracks Radio.

PYOTR & JEREMIAH
Same playlist, but on Playmoss

I regret nothing while also suggesting either Sam Rockwell or Ruth Negga as their lawyer. Or maybe both. Or just Ruth and then Sam is just this weird guy who hangs around the bar a lot? I don't know but yes, Jer would be a fantastic babysitter.

sidenote, will re-to the other plot ideas when more awake.
PM
^
WINONA E. MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 02:29 AM

VERVE

LIBRARIAN TWENTY EIGHT She/Her 537 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© NERYS · She/Her · Offline

Nona & Jer Bear

I'm not a moron, I know that we're living in 'what if' land with all of this serendipity and nostalgia. We both know that the weekend back at MSU was outstanding. But I'm not that girl anymore. I don't know if you want to get to know the woman I've turned into.

NPC dead!Kate & Guthrie

PMWebsiteAIM
^
SIDONY M. KELLER
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 01:43 AM

HELLION

ENFORCER 24 SHE/HER 131 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© VERA · SHE/HER · Offline

Guess who has a thread?

(Spoiler: you do.)
PM
^
EGAN N. DOYLE
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 05:53 PM

EGAN N. DOYLE

IRE, FORCES 29 He/Him 71 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Link · He/Him · Offline

It’s funny how similar our characters are. More so given our banter in the cbox earlier. Nonetheless, or perhaps because of it, I would really like to mix these two in a plot. They share the same basic fundamentals, so I imagine it wouldn’t take much for them to find common ground, mutual respect, and perhaps some broad stroke of friendship down the line. To start though? Well, Egan is looking for someone. Jer finds people. It appears we have the seeds right there. I’m not too certain how Egan would have gotten wind of Magnus Recovery or Jeremiah just yet – maybe someone points him in their direction – but ultimately this is the path of least resistance and infinite musing for recurring threads.

Hopefully we can chat more, either here, PM, or IM. I think there is a lot to work with.
PM
^
KATHRYN W. WORTHINGTON
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 09:52 PM

ARCHANGEL

HEIRESS thirty-one SHE/HER 47 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER

KATHRYN & JEREMIAH

I've been toying with the idea of having Kathryn hire Jer to locate other former humans like herself. 10k a head for confirm-able cases, his normal flat-rate, all his related expenses and whatever else he may need. NGL, even though Kathryn isn't a trusting person she's likely to trust Guthrie (hence offering him this very sensitive task) due to his background and everything she's heard about him... She's probably (personally) done background checks on every employee (and known affiliate) of Magnus Recovery. The most important facts she came across being that Jer is a tender-heart and Joe loves money.
PMEmail
^
XANTHE E. KNIGHT
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 08:41 PM

NYX

P.I. 26 SHE/HER 14 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© XAN · SHE/HER · Offline

JEREMIAH & XAN

We talked a little about this already, but I think it'd be fun for the two of them to be on two separate cases and run into one another. Maybe even their respective cases end up being involved with one another? So then they have to work together to solve the case. Just an idea, though, I'm up for anything!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D Age of Heroes

Blood Roses: OUaT RPG X-Men ideal world

skinned by noä of cttw