gota

The heroes of yesterday are dead and gone. Division and the Mutant Control Enforcement Agency (MCEA) saw to that. This dystopia we live in is the result of one anti-mutant hate crime that sparked the third world war. The law now requires mutants to register, to spend the rest of their lives being a number on a file with a tracking device on their wrist or in their bloodstream.

For a while, the children of fallen heroes started to work in the shadows as the new X-Men. Not all that long ago, the latest incarnation of the X-Men was brought down in flames by Division's efforts. Team members captured, Agents killed, Cosmic fire everywhere... It seems as though the days of the X-Men have come and gone once again. Or have they?

Notice: Human Division employees are still much needed, even if they're depowered mutants. We would also love to see more MHA, Morlock and Purifier affiliated characters.

We are currently accepting Site-Canons and Originals

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

clearer skies, 22 | human | CAMILA MENDES
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Feb 16 2016, 09:21 AM

DAYDREAM

grad student 22 SHE/HER 86 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© VERA · SHE/HER · Offline

CLARA --- AMORY
22 | FMR SORORITY PRESIDENT + COLUMBIA GRAD | CAMILA MENDES
Meet the former 'it' girl on campus, the one that everyone wants to be, but they'll settle for vying for her attention. "Clara" loves the attention and isn't afraid of pushing for what she wants in life. Some call her selfish, but she prefers driven. She and Piper were in the same rush group, and they've been technically friends ever since.

Now, she's also a baseline human who doesn't much care for mutants. Maybe she had a bad experience with a mutant when she was young, maybe she thinks that kind of unmitigated power is dangerous on principle, or maybe she's just kind of a mean person. That motivation is up to you in writing her backstory. The important thing is that she got another girl kicked out at the start of the year when her mutant status was discovered. Though the official word was that she had broken a lot of rules, everyone knew the real reason, but no one spoke up for fear of joining their former housemate out in the cold. It might be against campus rules, but someone would need to conclusively prove her motivations to do anything about it.

Piper is 100% aware of her friend's feelings on mutants, but hadn't brought the subject up. They've never agreed on every issue, but Piper's always been a good backup player for her. She's talkative, fun, and livens up social gatherings without demanding too much attention - and she's rather desperate to be liked.

Now they've both finished out their undergraduate careers at Columbia. Piper went on to a graduate program to avoid dealing with the world a little longer, but Clara ran right out to face the world. That world also includes the aggressively anti-mutant new Mayor. That also leaves her in a spot with her old friend when she discovers what Piper's been hiding; she's suddenly an obstacle to Clara's success rather than a fun tag-along. She's in a position of personally knowing a mutant for a change, but her life would be a lot easier if Piper simply vanished.

PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 12:49 AM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

This has been revamped!
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 02:50 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

(Piper is being kind of publicly exposed as a mutant now in the Nightmares event so this would be a great time for an awkward conversation with her far more successful friend.)
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 12:45 AM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

user posted image

She's still open!
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 10:34 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

user posted image

whoop i have a gif problem
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 08:39 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

user posted image user posted image
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 08:13 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

user posted image

bump!
PM
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 02:32 AM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

this request is still open + wanted!
PM
^
Calgary
 Posted: May 4 2018, 01:59 PM

Student 21 6 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Calgary · · Offline

Is this character still open to accept? I wouldn't mind contributing to their story if it's still active
Link: http://gota.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3855
@[Piper S. Harris]
@[Vera]
PMEmail
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: May 4 2018, 06:26 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

Yep, this request is still open!
PM
^
Calgary
 Posted: May 4 2018, 09:19 PM

Student 21 6 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Calgary · · Offline

Thanks! Once I figure out the app. process I'll get back to you with questions haha
@[Piper S. Harris]
@[Vera]
PMEmail
^
Calgary
 Posted: May 20 2018, 01:58 AM

Student 21 6 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Calgary · · Offline

I've been working on a story for Clara that could possibly fit her role as Piper's friend.

So, her dislike towards mutants stems from early childhood trauma, since that was a more viable reason to work with.
She was born in Pasadena, TX, with family in both the states and Mexico. Also raised in a single mother household, with two younger siblings (any gender, although I am leaning towards a sister trio).

Questions/Concerns so far?
@[Vera]
@[Piper S. Harris]
PMEmail
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: May 20 2018, 03:08 PM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

I don't have any objections there, I wanted to leave plenty of freedom to build her backstory and it definitely fits for her to be the overachieving eldest sibling.
PM
^
Calgary
 Posted: May 20 2018, 10:27 PM

Student 21 6 POSTS
APPLICATION SHIPPER
© Calgary · · Offline

Thanks, I thought so too about the sibling factor.
I was considering the idea of a relative being the cause of her disdain for mutants, possibly due to an incident between them that antagonized her view of mutants from an early age.
Since we agreed on the single-parent household, I first thought her father's absence could be the cause. Let's say he was (or is) an unregistered mutant at the time of meeting Clara's mother and her subsequent birth. His reason for disappearing would be his unregistered status, but Clara would perceive this as him abandoning their family.
Second, there could be an aunt/uncle (who also have unregistered status) that helped raise Clara and her siblings alongside her mother. There could be instances of abuse from this aunt/uncle against Clara and her siblings, which was important in framing her view of mutants.

Did you have any other ideas?
@[Vera]
@[Piper S. Harris]
PMEmail
^
PIPER S. HARRIS
 Posted: May 21 2018, 03:33 AM

DAYDREAM

APPLICATION SHIPPER

They went to college together as undergrads - and Piper was a mutant all the while but never admitted her registration status. She doesn't have any physical mutation, she was only outed because she fought a newly-turned mutant in a very public setting and Purifers doxxed the hell out of her in the aftermath. Hashing that out can wait for plot pages, obviously, but in terms of past events I'd figure that the girl who got kicked out for her mutant status had something more overt than Piper's ability.

Other timeline events that seem most relevant -

➣ July 2036, Division investigates reports of a mutant incident at the Northwestern campus. Evidence of fire damage to the sidewalk remained after Isla Moore's meltdown, but no witnesses could recall the incident.

(Psychics had it out near a lot of human bystanders but took the memory of the incident with them so no one knows the specifics, only that /something/ happened.)

➣ November 2036, City Councilman Foucault survives an apparent attempt on his life at the hands of unidentified mutant assailants, and goes on to secure the Mayor's office on an anti-mutant platform.

(Sort of a spoiler, sort of an open OOC secret, he orchestrated the attack himself. Mutants would certainly love to take a swing at him and his rather openly anti-mutant campaign, but he wanted to be certain his supporters were motivated by the idea of a real and present danger to get themselves to the polls. Clara may or may not know the truth - that's the question.)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw